Great Menopause Resource - and Women and Work

Posted , 5 users are following.

I found this article and wanted to share...http://www.bridgewater.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/The-Menopause-what-to-expect-when-you-are-expecting-the-menopause.pdf

Full of good information and resources...Interesting, from my web searches I am finding that more seems to have been done about menopause from a government and public policy standpoint in the UK than US. Sadly, here in the U.S., I feel there is still so much ageism against women here because of cultural ideals... menopause I feel is a very taboo subject here...

I particularly liked the part where it talks about menopausal women and work. My boss, and the women I work with, are all in their early 40s. They don't want to accept the fact that they are only a few years away...and therefore, no, I do not feel comfortable talking about my experiences to my female friends at work even though it probably would help my boss understand better why I'm struggling.One of my co-workers is 48 and seems completely terrified by the thought.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sounds like your coworkers need to grow up. they have a problem not u. your reactions to your symptoms are normal.

• Posted

Peri can start from age 40 and afterwards. Some ladies start to have meno symptoms earlier, so I guess that there is such a denial that we are not fertile anymore!

We tend to confused meno with old age, that was my worst fear but after a lot of reading I think that age ages us and not meno. I see ladies at their 50s who have their period and look much older and ladies in meno who look younger.

I think that meno is still a taboo subject for the majority of us!

• Posted

it wont let me open the link says not found

thanks

eloise x

• Posted

try copying and pasting the whole URL into your browser...let me know if that doesn't work...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.