Great news at 6 weeks post TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Had my 6 week post TKR left knee checkup and the doctor says I have progressed enough to discontinue Physical Therapy!  I am at 128 degrees of flexion and nearly flat on extension.  Doc says that I will heal more quickly and completely without the pain caused by therapy.  I thought that was a very interesting comment.  I had only completed four sessions of outpatient therapy, but I guess the extra work at home in between made the difference.  This forum has been very educational and helpful during what I know wil continue to be a long process to complete knee help.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!

Your progress has been amazing! You bounced back very well from surgery and have great numbers!

You are WAY AHEAD of where I was at 6 weeks!

Keep monitoring how you feel, how your exercises make you feel, practice balancing which is essential to feeling confident while moving, walking, being out in crowds etc.

Also make sure to eat well, drink plenty of water, and keep up the great work!

Congratulations on your fantastic success!

• Posted

Due to extreme weakness from multiple surgeries and staph I have to continue the therapy but my surgeon told me the same thing the last time I saw him. He has used the one year criteria for knee and me to become one but the last time in he said I would be 18 months to 2 years and would notice the pain diminishing 60 days after getting getting off PT. Unfortunately he wants at least 60 days more to try and get most of my strength back. You are correct about continuing the process. Otherwise you can possibly backside. Good to hear of your fine progress. Take good care of the knee so you get a long life out of it
  • Posted

sounds great to me so far but dont overdo it and be prepared for any setbacks then come back to this forum  if you need to 

• Posted

I get up each day wondering if this will be the setback day, but so far so good.  I am not leaving this forum either, I've still got a lot of healing and work to do!
  • Posted

Are you 20 years old and 125lb? That is great we don't hear that many of these reports..
    • Posted

Nah, I am 59, 172 pounds, but have been dealing with bone-on-bone for 10 years.  I am not even sure yet how it feels to walk correctly so I am working on that now that I am down to just using a cane.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.