Great news, I don't have RA.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Great news, I don't have RA.   Sounds good eh!    Well not quite, the Rheumatologist has revised his diagnosis and advised me he believes I have psoriatic arthritis, but wait there's more, he believes I have a strain called mutilans.   Mutilans is the most aggressive and serious of the different strains and often results in severe deformity.   Unfortunately, I also appear to have symptoms of both assymetric and spondylitis.   Joy, joy, joy.   How good can life get?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, Tony.  I have received several different diagnoses for my autoimmune/rheumatoid condition.  You think you know what you have and then they change it.sad
  • Posted

Symptoms are much the same as RA, except perhaps for where it attacks , sausage fingers and so.   I have to have a lung biopsy next week, really looking forward to that!   I think the Doc perhaps thinks the lump in my lung could be cancer.   If it is I think it's time to just accept my demise.   Can't imagine I'll be undergoing treatment for that, feeling sick all the time just so I can enjoy the pain of PA.   Truth be known, I'm hoping it is cancer, it promises a release from this terrible disease...

• Posted

Aww Tony

That's not good, try to think more positive it really does help, I am just getting over a sausage finger too, boy did it hurt but thankfully easing now, we are all bound to have our off days and good days, try to take each day advance it comes, don't let this thing beat you Tony, I am sure you will be ok

• Posted

My fingers that are 'sausaged' are like that all the time, do yours come and go?

• Posted

Hi Tony

I have had no problem since last October as I had a steroid injection then restarted on methotrexate and had nothing pain wise since until this last couple of weeks a couple of times one finger has gone stiff and lasted a couple of days no swelling and then the other day I could feel the stiffness starting in just one finger and it swelled up so much, it lasted two days and then went completely back to normal, so weather this is a sign of things to come I do not know, I get to see my rheumatologist nurse next Friday so will have to tell her

• Posted

Thinking of you Tony,    So sorry to hear that bad news    I had hoped that last medication you started would bring some relief.  Initially you thought it was helping

Gloria

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.