3 Replies

• Posted

Thank you Greg. This is great.

?I have been symptom free for 15 months now and just wanted to share my experience with diet and exercise if it can help someone out there. As a healthcare professional, I have always been skeptical of the effects of the naturopathic approaches. But now I am convinced that a lot has to do with our diet and lifestyle.

?I have been symptom free for 15 months now by

?1. consuming potassium rich foods - bananas, broccoli, sweet potatoes, apples, brazil nuts, etc.

?2. consuming glutathione and selenium rich foods - one that I use to stimulate GT production by the body is US DA certified Organic whey protein available on Amazon. I mix few scoops of the powder in milk and drink once in the morning and in the evening. Of course, some will have sensitivity to whey so may not work for them and they would have to try to natural sources of GT. GT and selenium are very critical elements that have been shown to improve hearing loss. Non processed beef (for selenium).

?3. Lemon water -just squeeze 2 lemons and add some water.

4. exercising every 3 days (timed running at a high pace to get rid of sodium through sweating) 

?5. Have cut out caffeine (totally) and alcohol (have consumed only 2 beers in the last 1 year)

?Also, avoiding any and all processed, off the shelf products. Himalayan salt for cooking or sometimes no salt at all.

?The only symptom that has remained is the aural fullness which is mild and doesn't bother me. In fact, it does clear after exercising (increase blood flow) and eating the above mentioned foods. I also take vitamin B complex, vitamin E, vitamin D and fish oil. 

?As long as one can maintain low sodium levels by either eliminating them or by adding potassium, one can lead a pretty healthy, normal life. 

?Hope people can find this useful. 

• Posted

When you have ear fullness, don't you get dizzy/unbalance when you run?

• Posted

No I don't. I started slow and gained speed. Of course, I have cochlear hydrops per the ENT. I have had vertigo and dizziness may be 3 times in total. 2 of those were violent. So probably that is why I was told that I have CH variant of MD. But I think MD is a spectrum and each of us have variations. Just need to know what triggers these symptoms in us.

By the way a form of pulsatile tinnitus ( due to narrowing of blood vessels) is now being treated successfully by surgery. This is a remarkable development.

So all these ear issues could also be due physical trauma or due to our inner ear structural deformities (narrowing of blood vessels, thickening of cartilage etc.) Hopefully, we all will benefit from similar developments. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.