Green diarrhea/ stomach pain No answer from doctor

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had green diarrhea for a few days. I have also had abdominal

pain, right above my belly button. I ended up going to the ER thinking it was

my gallbladder, but they did an ultrasound and checked all of my organs and

said that they all looked fine. They didn’t have an answer regarding my abdominal

pain. Has anyone had this happen before? I truly don’t think something is right

and I’m not sure what to do. The doctor also did blood work and that all came back okay. I have also lost about 6 pounds without trying since last Monday.

Could this be parasites?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could it be something you have eaten? I sometimes get pain near belly button, was told it was indigestion.

• Posted

Keep going back to your doctor and ask for stool tests to see if an infection is present and have any other tests/scans that are recommended. Your symptoms could be any number of things.

• Posted

Dear Sarah I am also in the same boat. I had reduced appetite and intermittent abdominal pain past 1 month. physician gave me liver enhancers two times and asked to have a liver test if no improvement. But my mind always make me believe that it is something serious like stomach or pancreatic cancer though I am only 19. Just hoping for betterment.

• Posted

Are you on any medication? When I was on 1 type of blood thinning medication I got bad green diarrhea until I changed it. Also iron or antibiotics can change the colour of your stools. Or even things like rocket salad or spinach. A bad case of diarrhea can sometimes just be green though if things pass through you a little too quickly.

Have you had you given a stool sample to test for bacteria and parasites?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.