Green Tea seems to be working

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just been for my 12 week way in chuffed to say I've lost 1 and half kilos in two weeks, despite going to a party on saturday night and going out for a meal on Monday. I was quite sensible on saturday night but ate steak, chips, onion rings, mushrooms and salad on Monday which I throughly enjoyed. I don't feel guilty as I've been so good over the 12 weeks and will continue to work really hard. That's a total of 11.5 kilos in 12 weeks I need to lose less than 3 lbs to reach 2 stone mark! The green tea seems to be working. :lol:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

well done, must admit I haven't been having that much green tea for a week or so and seemed to have slowed down on the weight lose. No idea why so just need to kick myself up the butt and remember to have some
  • Posted

i drink one early evening and try and drink two a day at the weekend. Not sure if it makes any difference when u drink it. Should I be drinking it before a meal?? When do others that drink tea drink it and how often ? Would be grateful for any replies so I know what's best to do Thanks :D
  • Posted

I've been drinking a cup of PG Lemon Green Tea in a morning with my cereal. Too early to say if it's helped the weight loss but I'm getting used to the taste and actually, in the recent hot weather, I've found it more refreshing than normal tea.

I've been making a big effort to up my water intake too. At my clinic appt the nurse said I was very dehydrated and it's likely my body has been confusing thirst for hunger!

(I have to say tho, no amount of water tastes as good as a bar of chocolate.... lol... ) smile

• Posted

Your comparison of water and chocolate made me laugh. I don't drink much water by itself so I drink it with no added sugar squash. I find I remember to drink more if i put it into a small used drink bottle; make two up and keep one in he fridge so it's chilled. I find I become constipated if I don't drink enough.

Not having a good weekend diet wise full of cold and ache so had to persuade myself to eat yesterday and forgot to take tablets.

My husband is usually very supportive but yesterday he didn't have his brain in gear and didn't seam to understand that I couldn't eat a cornish pasty and asked me several times if i wanted a cookie. He's one of those lucky people who can eat anything, doesn't put weight on and nothing seems to effect is cholestral level. :roll:

My hubby is good though he's cooking dinner inbetween watching golf on the tv and i'm going to have a snooze in the garden on my lounger with my chilled drink and box of tissues.

Hope everybody is having a good weekend.

Any new tips or new tasty low fat finds?

• Posted

Aww I hope you're feeling better soon, summer colds are grotty, at least in the winter you can snuggle in your dressing gown on the sofa with lots of hot drinks!

I can sympathise about the husband, mine is a'skinny' who eats anything and everything - in 25yrs of marriage he's put on half a stone. How someone can eat as much junk food and stay thin is beyond me.

What is everyone doing for exercise? I'm a bit lazy so a couple of 20min walks with the dogs is about my limit.

• Posted

Thanks smile

i work full time so don't have much time or energy for exercise, I do try and walk though on my treadmill if i haven't got anybody to walk with but not as often as I should though. I used to walk alot but find it more difficult since I had hip replacement walking doesn't come naturally anymore, I have to think about almost every stepI and limb quite bit when i'm tired so find it frustrating that I can't walk miles like I used to. Don't get me wrong i'm pleased i had the hip replacement as I was in so much pain and could hardly walk at all before the operation.

I count helping my friend do her cleaning job for about an hour everynight as my work out. iIf only each drop of sweat cleaning or walking on the treadmill was an ounze of fat removed :lol:

What a coincidence my daughter lives in sheffield and you joined the forum on her birthday!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.