Grey patches penis head

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had grey patches on my penis for as long as I can remember, it’s like a variation of my skin pigment. Does anyone know what this may be? I’m std free. 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hey man

Post some pics from the computer and maybe we'll be able to see what it is... It's really difficult to assist with such a vague description. In the meantime, check out Penile Melanotic Macules?

• Posted

Hey, I have attached some photos. I'm being referred to a urologist for possible unexplained utheritis. I showed the Doctor my penis, and she said theres a slight chance it could be lichen lichen sclerosis? I need to wait for my referral to find out. But I've had the colouring for a number of years, and I feel it has slightly got larger. I really don't think it is lichen sclerosis as ive read up extensively on the other symptoms, and I do not have any of them. 

• Posted

Hey man

Glad you got it checked out. So, I've also looked up lichen sclerosis before and this doesn't seem to correspond with what I've read either. It kind of looks just like a change in pigmentation. If you don't have accompanying phimosis, the meatus is okay and don't have patches on the foreskin, then I'd say it looks good for now. Let us know what the Urologist says. 

• Posted

Thanks mate! I will do, hopefully I get seen soon.
  • Posted

hi there did you ever get to the bottom of what this is , i have something similar ?

• Posted

See you havint posted in a while and there are others that over time have queried this. I see that lichen sclerosis was mentioned then discarded, I'm no expert but I do have ls, Petty much looks the same, the main difference (that's hard to tell from the photos). Is were the skin is white on mine it's paper thin like rice paper. I had ureatheral involvement and over the years have needed a couple surgerys for this.

Be interesting and helpful for others to know what was the outcome for you if indeed it was ls or something else?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.