Grief got me down

Posted , 3 users are following.

So Christmas is a pretty happy time right? Well not for me this year, in 2 days (27th and today) my uncle Charles died and then today my Grandad passed away in his sleep! I'm actually in physical pain from this. My stomach feels like it's in knots and my chest hurts so much! I feel so down and I have tried to distract myself but as soon as I'm alone I just break down, I am in a long distance relationship so my boyfriend isn't here until the 2nd which is my birthday, I just don't know how to cope. Does anyone know how to stop the physical pain so I can then tackle the mental pain? Thank you from a very upset girlĀ 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bless you tiffany

The physical pain stems from your mental pain. Both are entwined together honey. I am so very sorry for the passing of your grandad and uncle. To experience two losses in such a short time is shocking in itself. The pain will stay with you for quite some time. In time the pain will ease and you will remember fondly all the happy times you shared together. In the meantime try and take care of yourself eg eat and drink fluids as it's easy to forget or not bother doing this when grieving. I'm so sorry for your pain, and wish there was something i could say to make you feel better, but unfortunately the loss of loved ones there's no words to remove the pain. I will pray for your grandad and uncle and will also pray for help with your pain.

God bless and commiserations to you and your family xxxx

• Posted

Dear Tiffany,

I'm so sorry for this double blow that you have suffered. As Lorraine says, the emotional pain is causing you physical pain in your raw grief at the moment and somehow you need to ride it out until you have the comforting arms of your boyfriend. Have you any other family members to comfort and be with you? There is no substitute for letting the pain of grief rise to the surface - suppressing it will only compound the hurt. Try to keep your breathing under control if you can. I've had times in my life when I've cried so hard it has affected my breathing and brought on muscle cramps. Get some fresh air if you are able. We all sympathise with you in your loss and are here if you need to talk.

Hugs xx

• Posted

Thank you both for your lovely words, I am coping but I think the funerals are where I will break down the most. I've never liked goodbyes and final ones are the hardest. My boyfriend is here tomorrow so hopefully a hug from him will take my mind off things and I know they would want me to enjoy my birthday. Happy new year to you both and may it bring with it happiness and good health. xx
    • Posted

Bless you tiffany

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Here for you anytime xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.