grieving my cousins death

Posted , 5 users are following.

My cousin got it by a car while riding his bicycle with his friend they wanted to do an adventure and go 100 miles and they were at 95 5 more miles and they would have did it then a kid hit him from behind and he flew he had swelling and bleeding in the brain and a lot of other stuff. When I found out I drove me crazy I had to go see him note I haven't seen him for 6 year since my grandpa passed away are whole family fell apart that day. But I went to seem with tubes coming out of his head, neck brace and the put him him a drug coma I got to hold his hand I was so shaken up I couldn't stop crying when I saw him. He passed away Friday and I been crying ever since he's my lil cousin he was only 18 years old. I can't feel anymore, I can't smile anymore, I can't think when I drive I don't realize that I'm already home. I regret not seeing my family for all these years.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am very sorry to know about thius tragedy which does have a very severe impact especially on the close ones. God may give you patience/ courage to reconcile with this loss. I am you will with passsage of more time. God may bless the depated soul.
  • Posted

I'm guessing you are very young and of course this has been a big shock for you. Sudden death is very traumatic for those who are left behind, so the grief you are feeling is very normal and to be expected.  Please be assured this will gradually fade, and you will remember your cousin in better ways. 

Please be careful when you are driving. If you are off your food with grief do go to see your doctor. You may need some medication to get you over this,or maybe some talking therapy.   Do talk about your cousin to other members of the family.

• Posted

Dear SnuggleBear,

I am so very sorry to hear if your loss. What you're feeling is absolutely normal. To lose someone so young, it just doesnt seem fair, does it? Believe it or not, the pain you feel will lessen.

Are you close to his parents? Maybe visit them in a bit. Try to remember all your special time together. Remember, staying in touch with people works both ways so try not to carry guilt over that. It doesn't change the past.

It sounds like your cousin was doing something he loved, try to keep that in mind. He didn't die if a long suffering disease. Although at least we can prepare ourselves for that loss.

Cry when you feel like it, grief is a process.

Again, so sorry

• Posted

What a lovely reply,lizaakalisa.   Yes,grief is a process which all of us have to go through at some time in our lives.

My Mum used to say..."grief is just love with nowhere to go".

• Posted

Marina dee,

I love what your mum said... I may just have to borrow that quote if you don't mind.

It is so hard to understand loss at such a young age, but I think for me, I've accepted that we really have no control in anything , just how we react to things.

Anyway, I hope you have a good weekend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.