Groin and knee pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was playing tennis 3 months ago and got a sharp pain in my groin. I can't seem to get rid of it. Now I have knee pain in the front of the knee. I did not injure the knee. Could this pain be sciatica? Perhaps Ipliosoas bursitis? I went to ortho and he just said it was osteoarthritis. But I have had moderate osteoarthritis in the hip for a couple years with no pain. He didn't do any other exam of physical tests. Gave me a shot of cortisone into hip joint but that didn't help. Now I'm trying to see a sports medicine dr that will hopefully look for other causes. Thought about going to chiropractor or physical therapy to see if they could help diagnose my issue and treat it. I seen some charts of nerves in the body and it looks like some go through the hip area down over the knee. Anyone else have these issues?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.