Groin pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has any one experienced this?

Pain in the groin especially when sitting. The pain is moderate and feels like am wearing very tight underpants. I also have a constant dull pain on my left lower abdominal quadrant.what could be causing this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have it too. The first time, I thought it was a hernia, I went to Doctor and she did not feel lump, so she gave me urine test, and told me pain was coming from a Urinary Tract Infection. Was given antibiotics, pain went away, but now it is back even worse. Got tested again for a possible UTI, and nothing. I am thinking it's a hernia deep inside from straining. Going back to Doctor's to see if I can get an ultrasound done. Let me know what happens with yours. Pain is no fun.

• Posted

Are you male or female?  I am female and in my case groin pain is related to the menstrual cycle and I only get it intermittently. In 2015 I also started getting chronic generalised stomach pain that moved about my stomach.  I thought it was a UTI but I tested negative.  I was given precautionary antibiotics in case it was a false negative.  The antibiotics made me feel worse, my stomach pain continued and I developed a yeast infection because of the medication.

In the end I was diagnosed with IBS due to bowel habit change that developed along with my pain. Left sided stomach pain is associated with IBS because that is where the intestines are located.  Food intolerance goes along with it.   Ask your doctor about IBS if your bowel habits have changed, and your stomach pain moves about.  Have you checked your groin area for swellings which could indicate a hernia?

• Posted

To me that sounds awfully like a kidney stone pain.
    • Posted

Kidney stone pain is excruciating. I had it. Had to go to ER. Original poster did not complain of excruciating pain.
  • Posted

Please guys and gals, read

my post. I've had my groin or lower left abdominal pain diagnosed as everything under the sun. Just fortunate to have found a new doctor who is old like me. We began eliminating alternatives. If you read my attempted post, you'll see he attacked the point of my pain by trying to see if it could react to a temporary numbing agent. Mine could be numbed for a short while. Why was this helpful? Everything seems to have common symptoms, from IBS to diverticulitis to crones to hernia to even kidney stones or even a pinched nerve in your spine. It's a crazy challenge, but you know what, it isn't an endless list. Start trying something different.

Mine I believe is a torn muscle. Crazy. Never would have guessed it, but it'll never heal if I don't try to treat that as a real possibility. 

The process of elimination. This is cruel and lots of us are suffering. We have to help ourselves and everyone should be proud they're trying to help using this forum.

Get to work. You'll solve this.

• Posted

We are not medical Doctors. We just try to offer are own perspectives and advice. Please talk to your Doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.