Groin pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been reducing my co-codamol slowly as recommended. I was down to 60mg per day and decided to jump down to 30. The one thing I really suffer with now is a deep discomfort in my lower stomach. I believe it's to do with constipation even though I go nearly every morning. Any similar experiences?

Thank you, Roger

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Roger, the normal response to reducing your codeine intake is the complete opposite to constipation, violent, uncontrollable diarrhoea is the norm, you seem to be dropping from 2 pills a day to 1, which I would not have expected to have any great effect as the dose is so low, you may be experiencing stomach cramps or the onset of acid reflux but with the dose you are taking seems highly unlikely, after reducing or stopping the intake of any drug that you have taken for a long time,  it will always result in your body ‘complaining’ in one way or another, there is no such thing as a perfect withdrawal, if your discomfort continues for a week or so then please seek advice from a medical professional!
    • Posted

Thank you. It may seem a low dose but I've been coming down from a ridiculous height, over a long period. Many previous failed attempts. The expression 'your body complaining in one way or another' is helpful - I have thought that I shouldn't feel this way on such a relatively low dose.

I really appreciative your words.

Roger

• Posted

Is it possible that it’s a pain you could have had for a while but has just been exposed because your consumption of pain ‘blockers’ have been reduced by so much?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.