Groin pain on right hip replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

i am so hoping someone on here can help me.

I've been complaining since middle of last Yr of pain in replacement hip I had done in Dec 2019. no issues at first but after I had left hip done in feb 2021, a couple months later kept gettibg pains in right, to point it left like lifting a lead weight when moving my leg, could not walk up stairs and in agony. kept getting told by consultant normal and body realigning with having two replacements and muscles and nerves settling down, so just put up with it, however this last couple of months I've been able to feel a mass/fatty tissue in the groin totally different to the other side groin, so I contacted my doctor and he felt it saying that's not right and today had an ultrasound. the Dr performing it asked me what problem was and he said yep can see it, you have hole in your joint which is letting in fluid. he said it's known as ganglion cyst and is rare, but because I had hip dysplasia said could be something to do with that. so glad diagnosed. but don't know much about it and online too much technical jargon. anyone else experienced this and what happened?

thx

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

that cyst can be painful. sometimes it requires surgery . your surgeon should be prominent to help you with the next step to help you become pain free. its a fluid filled cyst that can either be removed or drained. mine was removed during hip surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.