Groin pain with DV?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer with groin pain with DV? I have a deep ache in the groin. is this normal for Diverticulitis?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have a deep groin pain on occasion but i attribute it to my hip.

• Posted

Yes. I had groin pain on the right side, even during my worst infection, that lead to surgery. The diseased part of my bowel was on the left, my pain was all in my right side, particularly my groin.

• Posted

You're the first patient I've seen on this site who mentioned groin pain. Yes, I've had groin pain. In fact, that's where my pain is localized, rather than in the lower left quadrant of the abdomen, which I understand is where DD pain is usually located. I'm eager to hear from other patients if they've had the same experience.

• Posted

I would be too. I had a bowel resection last year, was told unlikely dd would come back. Now got the same groin pain in same area and have had bowel symptoms.

• Posted

I would be eager go hear from anyone who had their groin pain on right side, even though the actual infection on left.

• Posted

Yes more in my groin and right side rather than my left? Think I'm going to ask Doc for information on the scan to see where the DV actually is

• Posted

Yes, I always get groin pain during a flare and have also had bladder irritation and pelvic floor pain as well as cramps and sharp stabbing pains in the left lower abdomen.

• Posted

Yes I have groin pain on the left as well, always thought it was from my ovaries, until finally DD diagnosis, I realize thats what triggers the groin pain. It then radiates up into my hip and also affects my bladder. Hope it clears up for you.....

• Posted

Hi yes have had groin pain on and off for a while now. Have been to GP on various times. Just get told its muscular, because its not in the lower stomach area. Doctors I think dont know enough about this disease. Glad to see its not just myself experiencing this issue.

• Posted

Gosh I'm glad too. It makes you think there is something else wrong especially when a doctor tells you that it should all be in the left side!

• Posted

This pain happens with me every attack I have last one was April I've been hospitalised 4 time for a week each time I was only diagnosed last Feb seen my surgeon yesterday resection op in 8 weeks it also spread to my back last attack had a perforated bowel not bad thank god

• Posted

Gosh bless you. I hope all goes well. Let us know how you are. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.