Groin twinges

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies I’m 48 and have been having symptoms of peri for a while. My main issues are periods which still come but can be up to 5 days early or late. The 1st 2 days are uncontrollably heavy and I flood all the time. I have multiple fibroids and have had 2 scans, the last a year ago. My mood is up and down. I’ve gained weight etc. I also get twinges in my right lower abdomen which I am currently experiencing in my right groin - does anyone else get this on and off?? 

Is it also a symptom of what we are going through that I have developed bad health anxiety? Went for my smear last week and am now worried sick 🤕 

Thanks ladies 

Xx

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I, too have developed health anxiety. So frustrating. I feel bad for my sweet husband who has to hear my constant complaints and woes. He is incredibly understanding and caring. Broke the mold on him. I don't want to be like this for him or for myself. I never in my life worried about my health. Even when I had scoliosis surgery I didn't get all freaked out like it was my end or something like I do now for the slightest thing. I read recently that when you are sleep deprived, like I am due to horrible insomnia the passed year and a half, your nervous system becomes overly sensitive and pain perceptions increase. In all of this mass discomfort I am experiencing I am trying to see what God is shaping me into. I am not a very big helper!!! I encourage you to not symptom surf the web. Do that thing that brings joy or wonderment instead. Treat Kate with extreme care and gentleness. Hugs to you hon.

• Posted

Hi Leslie thank you for such a sweet reply. I hope that you feel yourself soon too xx
  • Posted

Omg Health anxiety is my WORST symptom. The symptoms wenhave are very real, but there’s a lot of us on here that freak out no matter how many times we have a certain symptom. 

You are not alone! 

Example- my big one is weird head things. I get what “might” be able to be considered a headache but it doesn’t really “hurt” if that makes sense.

It just feels “weird” usually in the back of my head, sometimes I’ll get a headache with it other times not. Then it’ll move to the front and feel very tight around my forehead and eyes, then my ears will feel clogged....EVERY TIME I freak out after a little bit of time and immediately think it’s a major health issue. 

Heart palpitations same thing...I always think I’m gonna have a heart attack- even when they go away, and even when I can many times pinpoint the worst days to my cycle and what my hormones are doing at that time.

Health anxiety is a hard one to combat, the only things that keep me afloat are this forum, and the fact that once the symptoms subside I remember its peri, and I didn’t end up in an ambulance.

Hang in there! 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. It really is a difficult time isn’t it ! X
  • Posted

Hi Kate 80669,

For the past week I have started having muscle spasm in my lower right abdomen. I’m not sure if you have had kids or not, but it feels a lot like a baby kicking. It happens frequently through the day and into the night. I made an appointment to see my GYN, and have had blood work done, so hopefully everything will look ok. My anxiety has been elevated a lot these past few weeks. It seems like my body can’t find a happy medium, it’s either extreme sickness or no sickness but anxiety and tremors. I hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi there thanks for your reply. My twinges feels like a slight stabbing pain. It comes and goes. I also think that worrying about it makes it worse if that makes sense! Good luck with your appointment x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.