Grommets

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just seeing if I can get some feedback on the pros and cons of having a grommet fitted as my consultant has suggested I have one fitted, would like to know if it’s worth having done by anyone who’s had one thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, i had one put in left ear, they put a steroid dextramethasone in at same time. This was after having 28 vertigo episodes in just over a year. I had 7 very minor episodes in the few weeks after the op. So I was given another steroid injection. That, coupled with 32mg betahistine x 3 a day has stopped my vertigo episodes for over 3 years. And daily symptoms are calmed, most days I feel normal! The grommet pushed its way out of the ear by itself after 2 years. And has left no hole or scar in the ear. See if you can increase betahistine? This may help tremendously without grommet. Keep us posted?
    • Posted

Hi Angela I’m on 32x3 aswell hoping it does the trick, was just wondering if the grommet may help with the tinnitus and fullness in the ear maybe I’m hoping for to much I suppose 
    • Posted

Hi again not been on here for ages,feel great 32x3 never looked back put time back to January and February I was at a loose end now just feel like this knightmare never happened,hope it continues,this bethastine by look or my crook is a miracle worker for me,hope it works for you and others out there who suffer from this awful condition 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.