Gross Hematuria

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok, so gross Hematuria.... only once. No pain, no problems. Went to doctors, sent me to urologist. Booked me in for cystoscopy under a general as I had hypospadias when I was younger...... anyway.

Had ct scan.... never heard back from anyone about ct scan? (Assuming was clear!)On the morning of surgery (Wednesday) the surgeon said a lump on kidney was found on ct. they will see what the lump is via the camera...when I woke I was told, the tubes from kidney to bladder was too small and they have put a stent in....Wtf?...

why wasn't I informed about the ct?

I didn't have any pains or discomfort before operation. Now it's just horrible I don't want to go to toilet. The pain is unreal.... after the burning,when urinating. Then comes an intense pain up your back. Almost like pulling a muscle or trapped nerve. It has eased up a little. My urine is red then brown then normal. I get spasms, Odd feeling around my chest.... and I was feeling normal Tuesday.

I can't do all the normal things I did. Worried about going back to work. Was intending to go back to work Friday. But got the hassle of having to take holiday so I get paid. And the more exercise I do, the more I will bleed....? Why the hell did I bother going for op. I was fine before.Why so much lack of communication with me?... I now have to have chest ct scan?... and go though all the pain again when I heal.

I just want to know what's happening?

Is this lump likely to be a stone? Why would he say lump, not stone?

Would a stone look completely different to a tumour/lump on ct scans?

I need more information before I lose the plot. Can anyone tell me what it's likely to be?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that your having more problem.  That is what happen when you give total control to the doctor.  They can do anything they want without your permission.  When I have any procedure I tell them I am signing for this procedure only and there is to be nothing added.  I put it in writing and have them sign it.  I what to know everything that they are doing. What they did you should have know before he did anything.  You should have been woke up and ask permission.  And why have they not called you back with the information about the CT Scan.  Call them back and ask and also tell them what is going on.  Ken    
    • Posted

Thanks dude.... Yeah gonna call them tomorrow. Gp or the hospital? Gp right? 
    • Posted

Call your GP.  And if they give you a run around keep calling.  Ken
    • Posted

I forgot to tell you that when I was 47  I had kidney stones the size of a jaw breaker in both.  Had to have that stent put in because they were afraid of them getting stuck.  Had no problem with the one on the right side but the one on the left gave me a lot of pain down my whole leg.  I had to have it for 3 weeks until they did the surgery.  It was a mess.  Did he say if they would going to take it out  Ken  
    • Posted

Said about 2 weeks. But he said about biopsy? And can you tell on a ct scan if it’s s stone? Also stones are meant to be painful. I wasn’t in any pain leading up to this.... were  yours painless?
    • Posted

15 years ago when I had kidney stones.  they did hurt but the left side was the worse. I hate that stent right side was fine but the left I could not wait to have it out.  Now  I don't know if I have stones or not..  I will see next week when I have the tests.  All I know I have had 3 infection in 6 months and my back and groin hurt.  Just got out of a hot bath.  I was having a lot of bladder pain.  Could not go even if I tried  It has been 6 hours and I was able to go after my bath  .  Good luck my friend  Ken

• Posted

Cancer... got staging this Saturday. They had MDT meeting on Tuesday. But will have my kidney removed. 
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear that! Thank god you went to the doctors!  Keep us updated and wishing you a speedy recover.  
  • Posted

To whoever may be reading... a week today they taking my kidney. Was diagnosed with stage 2 cancer luckily. So hasn’t spread outside the kidney. But it’s tcc and very high chance of return. Still I’m  not to bothered about the kidney or the cancer. ..I want this kidney stent out and I can’t wait. Everyday is different with this stent good and bad days it also gave me a infection. 

Having the stent is the worst experience I’ve ever had. 

Wish me luck for next week and I’ll post about recovery soon 

Good luck y’all 

Much love 

• Posted

HDRK.  I am sorry that you are going through this .  I send you luck and all my prayer  God Bless   Ken
  • Posted

Wishing you luck and quick recovery. 

Debbie

• Posted

Thanks guys... 

I must say tho, I’m positive about it all. Just another bump in the road of life. 

Stay strong everyone. 

Good luck 

Much love y’all  smile

• Posted

Hahaha... what a shocker! After spending all morning st the hospital for blood tests 6 days before operation. I come home get a phone call from them and operation has to be a week later. Apparently no beds. So gotta wait till 16th and deal with this stent another week. 

Seriously?? Another week on statuary sick pay and this is gonna financially cripple me. 

Thanks to the sadistic genius who invited stents! With my job it’s impossible to work!

Lol c’mon what’s next?

• Posted

I feel your pain.  They sucked.  I had them put in before they did my kidney stones  Had them for 3 weeks.  Try to take it easy  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.