Group b strep uti

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been experiencing group b strep utis since June of this year. I took keflex the first time went away for a month came back the begining of August. Treated again with keflex this time 3x a day. In the mean time I went to the er from the pain and told by the doctor he never even had a patient with a group b strep uti. They checked my urine last Wednesday it was clear but I was still having symptoms. Today I took an at home uti test and it was positive. I read really bad things about group b strep uti and it's scaring me. I see a urologist this month, but I'm terrified no one else can tell me they have had this. Has anyone experienced this? I've been wiping front to back, cotton panties, dmasnose powder 2x daily, probiotic.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Larisa,

I had a similar story and had a year long unexplained UTI, and I finally found out that gluten was my culprit for my Strep B infections. Antibiotics gave me relief for only short time, including Keflex . I’ve been healthy and bladder symptom free (and thyroid disease disappeared) after removing all gluten. My body is now so sensitive that I get violently sick and get a UTI strep b within 24 hrs after eating. I keep Augmentin on hand in case of this, but all problems disappeared after removing gluten, grains, and sugar for 6 mo (now sugar and grains other gam gluten are fine). Praying for you as I know this journey very well. -kelsey

• Posted

Omg thank you so much for responding Kelsey. My anxiety has been out of control thinking the worst of this. I am so scared. I suspect that this has a lot to do with my vaginal ph and diet. Up until this point I thought I was healthy. I really hope I get some answers at the doctors next week.
    • Posted

Larisa,

Of course. I remember joining these boards about two years ago (as a previously very healthy 27 year old) after coming down with terrible bladder pain and having to leave my job. I tried PH strips, alkaline diets, dmannose, apple cider vinegar, bladder instillation, and many urologists who did not believe me... anything I could find! I was desperate to get antibiotics because I knew something was there even when they told me there wasn’t anything cultured. It was so scary to be in so much pain, and I am so so sorry that you are in that place. There will be an end to that place for you, don’t worry! I never check these websites anymore, but your original post somehow made it to my inbox and it sounded so familiar. If you are comfortable, my personal email is. I’d be glad to be a support in any way I can. -Kelsey

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.