Grouping of scar tissue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just went to the eye dr and she told me I had flakes of scar tissue grouped together in my left eye. She said she was concerned and wanted to see me again but would not give me much information. She said usually it is a symptom of other stuff going on in the body and mentioned the colon....does anyone know anything more about this??? She's really leaving me hanging without really knowing what's going on

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brad00564: Your doctor should of give the true Information. I would go to another eye doctor until i see her to find out if that is the case, having 2 to 3 openions its better than one. see what the other 2 will say compare them then decide which one is more comfert to you. shop around for doctors some of them they are better than the others, do not end up with the wrong one? Ask around about good doctor and go with them in a long way will pay off. after all is your eyes not theres. most of them they do not care about there patients after all we are just a number to them. Good luck and please let me know.
  • Posted

Hi,sometimes tissue on the retna,can be an erm. You can google it. I have no idea how old you are etc. I agree with other poster,go for a second opinion,doctors,like all of us can be wrong,please keep us posted. XX
  • Posted

Seriously,i have never have seen any colon issues associated with eye problems. I have several eye problems and have had many exams.
  • Posted

Thanks guys. I'm a male, almost 30 so want to think my colon should be fine.

Not sure if the dr was just in a rush since tom is thanksgiving. But she set up a follow up apt in a month. Think it's a great idea to shop around other drs I just don't have the money to be paying for multiple visits. This was supposed to be a routine exam to get more contacts and I ended up paying $115! That's with my insurance of a $10 co pay.

• Posted

Well yes,I have heard this theory before that freckles on the retina are sometimes  linked to the possibility of polyps in the colon. Of course,some who have the freckles will have polyps but not necessarily so.  Its like saying everyone who takes size 39 in shoes will have arthritis...of course some will,but some wont.  I think your doctor is erring on the side of being careful and you should take her advice to see her again.    If you really want to get checked for polyps you need to see a gastroenterologist,especially if you already have any bowel problems like diarrhoea, constipation,mucus in stools or rectal bleeding. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.