GROVER'S DISEASE

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a fit 70 year old male and have been suffering with Grover's Disease for about a year. Tried all the usual creams to help with itching but nothing really worked for me. It's easy to say but you must resist the urge to scratch as this only makes it worse. Last week the itching suddeny stopped and up to now has not returned. I've no idea why it stopped but I'm obviously very relieved and hope my story will bring some hope to fellow sufferers.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bob

Do you not use creams at all now.

I don’t know much about groves disease.

But others on here will.

Well done for resisting the horrid itch.

Junie

• Posted

Sorry to hear you have had Grovers disease.  Often occurs in the older age groups,especially if you have been out in the sun for much of your life with no protection.   

One of the strange things about this disease is that it can suddenly disappear as though it has burnt itself out,but theres no guarantee about it.

Do hope this is the end of it for you Bob. It can be very distressing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.