Growing cyst - cancer fear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay, I know I've come to this forum before, and I'm going to see if I can go to the ER or something tonight, but I am absolutely TERRIFIED. 

I'm almost 17, so I know cancer is probably rare, but...I used to have this very small cyst, barely the size of a pea. I went to my GP a few months back for a wellness check and she poked and prodded at it and assumed it was benign. Since then, it's gotten larger. I can't lay back or move my arm certain ways without soreness. It's about a fingertip or two in size I'd think.

I can provide pictures via messages if needed, but I'm so so so afraid this is maliginant/cancerous.

I noticed in particular it formed in a high stress situation, and after the police got called in one major argument and we got kicked out it appeared to be getting larger. When we were driving back to the household where this took place since we kind of have to live here, the cyst was particularly sore and started burning once we turned onto the street. (That has since stopped.)

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi again mcmcheri,

I'm so pleased to hear your good news.

My infected cyst went after about 8 days from starting antibiotics. Hope yours does too.

Time to relax now.

Best wishes

• Posted

Apologies if this question is too personal!

I just started the medicine yesterday, though I'm a little curious...when you took the antibiotic, did the cyst happen to be a bit more sore than usual?

Might be stress making it ache or something hormone related too, but I've noticed in particular that it's been aching a bit more than usual, though the purple area around it seems to have cleared.

• Posted

Further updates - still red, now itchy/sore again. Purple has faded and it seems there's smaller bumps on and around. Probably gonna contact my GP about this and see what's going on...not really sure what's going on with that. Granted, I have missed a few doses...took only one instead of two a day for a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.