Growths coming out of my vagina/Vulva area. Worsening

Posted , 20 users are following.

I'm pretty concerned but also have a tendency of over reacting. I am 27 and have had 2 vaginal births so maybe I'm just getting older and this is normal. I plan to visit my doctor soon but am just a mix of nervous/concerned/worried about wasting money at the doctor over nothing.

I first noticed these growths about two months ago and they seem to have worsened. The first picture (more light) is from two months ago.image

any insight?image

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

hi! i dont know if it makes you feel any better, but i have something similar to that. my growth does not stick out of my vagina but its raised and about the same size as yours. i, too, have given birth vaginally twice and i always attributed to pushing and straining from that.

in any case, will you let me know what your doctor says? if it warrants a visit to my doctor, i will also go.

Also, i overreact and worry about everything i see too, you're not alone!

• Posted

If they dont itch and are not sore then they may be just skin tags. Lots of women get them, especially after pregnancies and they can be removed if they cause painful problems with intercourse. Otherwise just leave them alone.

A visit to the doctor would put your mind at rest.

• Edited

Ladies,if the growths are not itchy or sore and dont cause pain on intercourse,please try to ignore them. Vaginas often have these tags,and they are quite normal.

• Edited

Hi, just wondering if there's an update for this post? I realize the post is quite old, but I've noticed these same growths at my vaginal entrance also. It's very hard to see a gynecologist right away but I do have an appointment booked in 2 weeks. My GP will also hopefully be doing a biopsy tomorrow to rule out anything serious.

I've also been wondering, have you been able to have intercourse with these growths? Or does it feel uncomfortable? I've been too scared to try with my husband

• Edited

Not sure if anyone is still following this post, but just wanted to let everyone know I saw a gynecologist who said its just extra skin from my hymen that's grown, she explained it as skin changing over time and it could grow even longer 😦 but its nothing to be worried about. My GP did not do a biopsy and the gynecologist assured me I didn't need one either, but I'll message again if anything changes!

• Posted

hi! but do they bother you at all ? i was told i have hymenal remnants but they shouldnt cause discomfort. one area definitely is irritated quite often. Im concerned maybe its something more serious.

• Posted

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, just saw this now! Is it only irritated after certain times ex. intercourse? Or constantly irritated? Are you able to see it? I was told if its not red, bleeding, itchy or painful to not worry about it. If intercourse is causing it to be painful, I'm not sure if you tried lube, but that could help? But for sure if you're still concerned I say see a doctor again, you could try a different gynecologist to get a second opinion. I actually have another appointment this Wednesday just to be sure of mine, I'm also going to ask what she thinks of maybe just cutting it off, so I will report back here! It's been almost two months since mine came and I notice it gets swollen as I near my period and then shrinks back as my period ends, it doesn't shrink to nothing though, it's definitely still there but it seems like it gets bigger and smaller as I go through my cycle.

• Posted

Just updating again, saw another gynecologist on Wednesday, Feb.9/22 that confirmed the growths were just extra hymen skin that changed probably because my hormones after giving birth. The one that was sticking out was easy to remove so I asked her to cut it out and she did! I was put on two antibiotics to take for the week and i should be healed by 2 weeks

I received a message from someone before that I didn't see earlier and I would like to reply that my the week before it happend my partner and I were a little rougher, so maybe that combined with my hormones made it get larger somehow?

• Edited

Hi all.

A week ago I was diagnosed with UTI and I have been given an antibiotic called Cefalexin. Day before I start taking the antibiotic, I have noticed a bump on my vaginal opening(vulva) from the both sides as the right side is longer than the left. I have white discharge coming with that swollen-bump. I went to emergency and they told me is a fungal infection (Trush)from the antibiotic, but I have that bump before taking it. I have been using cream called Chlotrimazol and there is no change. I am really scared and I dont know what to do. Please someone help me.

• Posted

hey, could you tell me what it was?

im experiencing the same

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.