Grrr Forgot to take Cit this morning

Posted , 3 users are following.

I forgot to take my CIT this morning since I've changed from taking it in the afternoon to the morning. But If I take it when I get home this evening then I'll be up all night again. Can I just miss a day? 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I dont know for sure as im only on early days of taking citrapalm but people have told me if i miss a day it will make you feel alot worse for a few days. Hope this helps
  • Posted

I wouldn't miss a day as you might find you'll have more to cope with than just being up all night.  I mean if you miss tomorrow's by mistake too, then you'll really feel it.

I often miss a morning and take it in the evening when I'm home, but then again it doesn't affect my sleep.

K x

• Posted

In that case I think I'll just take it when I get in. I couldn't face feeling any worse than I do now.
    • Posted

It's probably safer to have one night of disturbed sleep than a few days of sickness.

I missed 1 completely last week and was late with the next tablet and felt nauseous and heady for 2 days ..... and I've been taking them for years.

K x

• Posted

Hi, hope you dont mind me asking but what do you take them for? X
  • Posted

Thats what im taking it for. Is it helping any of you? X
    • Posted

Yes it is me - I recovered from anxiety and depression on this meds.  Was my absolute saviour :-)
    • Posted

Thats great, im really struggling at the minute, cant cope at all with anything thats why i have started them but its doing nuthing for me yet. Cant stop panicking about everything. Im so glad they have helped you x
    • Posted

I had 15 years on and off being ill with it and I went through some pretty desperate times.  Anxiety was horrendous ..... couldn't believe it when I started feeling better after all those years.

It's difficult looking forward as all you can see is that bottomless pit you get stuck in, but if you keep persevering and have lots of patience, you should start seeing results.  Recovery creeps up so very slowly you hardly notice it happening :-)

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, i hope it works for me as good as it has for you, ive had it 6 years now and this is the 1st time ive tried medication cuz i just couldn't take anymore. Ive had/got loads of side effects off citalopram even my skins gone all dry and got a rash but if it works id happily put up with that. X
    • Posted

Yes sometimes you have to admit defeat and accept taking medication.  I'd been on all sorts of meds ie tri-cyclics etc and only when I tried SSRI 's did I get better.  Well done for trying for 6 years though :-)

Ive had lots of side effects, but they do wear off.  The only thing I have now is feeling hot and my skin will itch sometimes ...... but is that me anyway?

If the medication works, I always think it's a small price to pay.  I really hope it starts working for you soon xxx

• Posted

Thanks it means alot. Ive got a very long journey ahead cuz ive got agrophobia, cant eat but im hoping its a start to get better. I was stupid lettin it carry on as ive waisted 6 years, lost my b.f and hit rock bottom. I love reading peoples storys as it gives me hope. X
    • Posted

Oh bless you.  My daughters friend has agoraphobia, and is slowly able to go out with the help of family and friends.  She's ok going out at night, and has been able to go to a small cafe with my daughter.  A long road though.

Have you read the series of books by Dr Claire Weeks, Self Help for Your Nerves etc?  They're really very good and seem to be targeted mainly towards Agoraphobia.  She explains nervous illnesses in such simple terms, it takes the mystery out of it.

An old school friend of mine had Agoraphobia too, which I didn't know about at the time, but just knew something wasn't right (bless her, if only I'd known then .... but she kept quiet).  We drifted apart and I only found out when her story appeared in a magazine many, many years later of her recovery due to changing her diet ... and her life changed.  I have no idea what she changed it too, but know she ate lots of rice cakes.

Its not stupid to have let it carry on for so long - at the time you thought you were doing right, and no doubt you didn't understand much about it either.  I was ill for 6 months before someone persuaded me to go to a doctor, and during all my 15 years of being ill I never told anyone except my husband.  I just couldn't talk about it.

My son had a breakdown last year and blurted it all out one day, so I immediately took action and have been helping him recover since (he's doing well now).  Has been a very painful experience for us.  It's only last year that I began talking about my own experience.

It is encouraging is it, reading others stories and knowing you aren't alone.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.