Gum swelling and pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone experience gum pain followed by swelling with TM.

Doctors and dentists dont seem to be familiar with the swelling as a symptom.

I wear dentures and swelling leads to painful sores

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't have dentures but did have swelling were the pain was. I found Turmeric 800 mg took th pain away for 12-14 hours. I had to take Carbamazapinr at night because the Turmeric didn't work at night.

I also figured out I had to change the foods I eat. No sugar or foods with acid (tomato;s) No processed foods either. I am pain free when I eat right.

God bless you & I hope your pain is little to none!

• Posted

Thankyou Vicki

This is all very new to me.

But a least I now have a diagnosis so having other people with the same condition within reach is so important to me.

• Posted

I had swelling in my gums as well....I don't have dentures, I did feel severe discomfort from my teeth....there was no way to chew food on that side of my mouth, it felt like my teeth would crack from pressure.

I also tried the tumeric, but what did the trick for me was acupuncture. It was scary cause I had a bunch of needles near my lips and in my face, but after 3 treatments the swelling and pain were just about gone. After 5 treatments, I haven't had an episode of pain or swelling in about 4 weeks.

Keep trying, you'll find something that works for you!

• Posted

Thankyou Jana I have accupuncture on my list as a go to.

Good to hear your feedback.

• Posted

When you are in constant pain, your body's immune system is stressed. Which means that the smallest irritation can cause swelling where normally your gums would not be as sensitive to irritations. So it may not be the TN directly but instead the impact to the immune system from the stress of being in constant pain from TN that is causing your gums to swell easily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.