Gurgling in stomach with Reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All,

I've suffered from Acid Reflux for about 4 years now. Have had all the typical symptoms of this dreadful ailment. Lately however I've been having a new symptom. It's

extremely excessive stomach gurgling. It's a lot, and it's loud, and it's uncomfortable. It's also quite worrisome.

I wondered if anyone has had this very frequent stomach gurgling?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be IBS or a food intolerance or allergy. Keep a note of what you eat and drink and then you can see if a specific food or drink is making it worse. Then cut out that food or drink for a couple of weeks and see if it gets better.

It could be dairy, gluten, sugar, an alcoholic drink or caffeine. Or maybe a vegetable like broccoli or a fruit like a banana. Everyone has something their stomach doesn't agree with and sometimes it can be something you never used to have a problem with but your gut bacteria could have changed especially as you suffer with reflux.

• Posted

Thanks Moon. I will keep track of what I eat and drink beginning today and see if there seems to be a common culprit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.