Gut wrenching stomach pain (daily) for five years HELP!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about five years now I’ve had to live with a come and go (daily) gut wrenching pain in my stomach area random in Intensity also Accompanied by nausea. Forsure triggers that make it come on 99% of the time is sex with my husband ( nausea if I orgasm ) also a side effect most of the time is me bleching a lot right before it happens. As of now I’ve been to doctors in the past that have chalked it up to IBS. If it truly is IBS is there any form of at least pain mitigation for the episodes daily and so I can have a normal sex life with my husband ? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

ibs will not affect  your sexual way with your husband.Stomach pains will come and go daily and is a  symptom of ibs .Do you get the pains after having something to eat. 
    • Posted

Only sometimes it’s very random in when it hits me but it hits me daily like forks shredding my stomach the only forsure ways to draw it out is like I said intercourse that I’ve found I’ve tested with foods with little luck so far I’ve also done the usual blood tests and colonoscopy to mark of the usual suspects but to no help. Right now though I lack medical coverage and can’t continue to try to narrow this down with a doctor in a doctors office hence why I’m trying my luck in these forums to see if anybody else has encountered this weird pain... also if it helps this all started after food poisoning 5 years ago ever since then it hasn’t been the same. Thank you for taking the time to help. 
  • Posted

There are antispasmodics that your doctor can prescribe such as Buscopan.  If this doesn’t suit you, there are others you can try.  Painkillers also can help.  Sometimes low dose anti depressants help.  Consult your doctor.
    • Posted

Thank you for the info! As far as the doctor part unfortantly don’t have one atm coverage is to expensive I hope to get one in November to continue my search for help but in the meantime I figured I would try the web. Thanks again
    • Posted

To be honest, you will get better help from a doctor.  Most of us here are not medical experts.  You may be able to get over the counter IBS mrdication where you live, but you will need to check this.   I would try to get a doctor sooner than November if possible.
  • Posted

why do you not have a doctor,do u live in uk or abroad
    • Posted

Nope live in the good ol US of A but to be added to health care would be around 300+ a month more when we last looked which we just don’t have atm so I’m waiting till November to be added to my husbands health insurance for way less. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.