gutted

Posted , 8 users are following.

Really not sure where I'm going wrong.  Just been to get weighed after my first month,  and not lost ANYTHING I've been sticking to less than 5g of fat per 100g or less and it jus hasn't worked. The nurse suggested I'm maybe not eating enough?? I really don't know it's really got me down.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh no, bet your gutted!!! How can you not be eating enough? 

I'm new to this meds, so can't offer advice, sure others will. This is my biggest fear not losing anything as my body hates losing fat. What have they suggested? X 

• Posted

Aww that is disappointing for you Amy, I would be feeling a bit down to.  Did they ask you to keep a food diary, so they can see what your eating?  Do you use the MyfitnessPal app to help you? I know that Britneyspears is really very helpful on here and has put down loads of things meals that are helpful in weightloss whilst on these tablets Oralist also called Xenical - its a new way of life for us all on this journey please carry on with oralist put that 4 weeks behind you and step forward into a new 4 weeks, please make sure you drink plenty of water and keep writing on here for moral support smilex

• Posted

Hi Amy

I agree with Maureen, if you don't I'd keep a diary. I don't use My Fitness Pal, I use an app called Nutracheck and I record everything I eat or drink, sounds hard but I'm now quite fanatical about logging everything lol. Although watching your fat content is important to avoid mishaps it's also important to eat your allowance of calories, if you don't your body goes into a 'starvation mode' and holds on to what it has. Drink plenty of water, eat regularly and it should work. Stick at it!

Adam

• Posted

Thanx for the advice I'm going to get one of these apps. What calorie intake should I be aiming for?? X
    • Posted

To be honest Amy I do not count calories at all, I just go by my fat intake, I spend far longer in the supermarket than ever before and am thinking I might have to bring my magnifying glass with me if the print gets much smaller (reminder to self to make new eye sight appt lol) making sure its less than 5g of fat per 100g weight, and around total of 15g of fat per meal or 45g of fat total in your whole day no more. I love butter rather I loved butter, so for me there is no option of having any type of marg I would rather have a slice of bread naked than put marg into my body, that is just me, I made a fish parcel ie cod and a little smoked haddock ground salt and peppar, shaved some courgettes, sliced up peppars, squeezed fresh lemon and put some sweet chilli sauce wrapped up in tin foil cooked for almost 20 mins in oven had some green sliced beans and new potatoes which were naked no butter but with a splash more sweet chilli sauce delicious, followed by fresh strawberries and a little pot of Alpro chocolate flavour only 2.4g of fat per tub on top I don't know if you have tried Alpro its usually in the  section where you buy selected foods on a normal shelf not chiller cabinet they are sold in packs of 4, dark chocolate, chocolate, caramel and vanilla flavour a pot of them gives you a little yum sweeter flavour if you need a desert.  Also if you check out Xenical site I found a weeks menu's all written out for you it did also state calories for it 1200 a day for Hispanic Fare, Southern Fare and and American Fare maybe you could check out that site to give yourself some ideas if you get a bit stumped for what to eat ?  You can also eat plenty of stir frys recommended you use fry lite spray only in your pan if it needs some coating before you start chuck in loads of chopped veg add some prawns or chicken or turkey then finally add some Amoy straight to WOK Rice Noodles one pack 150g  and is only 0.5g of fat per 100g so the one pack of 150g is only 0.8g to your veggie and whatever meat, poultry or fish you put in there and will come to well under your 15g of fat per meal even with some sweet chilli sauce.  Sorry if I am going menu crazy here I just love being in the kitchen concocting new meals to eat that are very low fat.  I also have a little gem Collins calorie counter but I bought it because it also writes the fat content per 100g, any little tool that can help you on your journey is a blessing smile x

• Posted

Hi Amy, dont get to down about it, it will come off eventually. did you measure your self? i have weeks where i dont loose anything and then all of a sudden i will lose. are you dirnking plenty of water?
  • Posted

Hi Amy. I can understand your feling - having followed slimming world for 100% 5 months with no results its very demotivating. however from what i can read here that it can take a few weeks for the weight to show and u just need to keep at it. i hve only been on them 6 days and already feel better, have more energy and i am using my fitness pal to record my meals. i am roughly about 15-20% of my total food intake a day of fat and so far i am happy. i am going to weigh myself on Friday and see what happens - am very scared that it wont have worked.

Good luck and the only advice i can give is download the app and go at it again x

• Posted

Amy don't give up I know exactly how you feel, I had a weigh in two weeks ago and had only lost 2lbs.  My official weigh in again at the surgery is tomorrow and my own scales are showing that I've now lost 9lbs (they were the same as the surgery the last time).  All people kept saying to me was that they took at least three weeks to get into your system, so perservere I did and am hopeful that this is the result I will get tomorrow to which I will be happy.  I tend to try and eat roughly 1400 calories a day but watch my fat intake more than I do my calories.  I use my fitness pal and this measure fat and calories at the same time.  There are some great tips on here and I will say don't be scared to eat and drink loads of water, I was scared to eat initially but then realised I was only eating something like 800 calories which is way too low.  I keep posting on here and someone always replies.  Good luck. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.