Guys this is for those who have Eustachian Tube dysfunction. Its completely treatable.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All,

I have started this post just to let you all know that Eustachian Tube dysfunction is totally curable. ETD had ruined my life to say the least. Now I don't want that anyone else suffers from this. This disease is like a curse. This problem is also the cause of various other Ear conditions like otitis media and other middle ear Infections and Ear troubles. If left untreated, it may develop into serious problems like meningitis and complete hearing loss.

Always had heaviness in right ear for almost 6 years I suffered and my professional life suffered. Had too much anxiety always due to this. Now i feel like i am actually living thanks to my doctor and balloon dilation procedure.

just go for balloon dilation. Fix an appointment with a good ENT near you and ask to have this procedure.

hope you all get rid of it soon.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

did you have this done in the uk? my ent doctor has offerd me grommets but ive read that it doesnt help alot of people x

• Posted

yes, i had grommet procedure as well which did not help at all.

then i had balloon dilation and i am feeling great.

please go for it and ask nearest ENT.

• Posted

thats brilliant i will ask i next see someone in october ive read lots of good things but i didnt think they done it in england x

• Posted

I still fail to understand how dilating the ET fixes a patulous eustachian tube.

Injecting the ET is one way of closing it, but it can end up closed too much and then you have issues with drainage.

• Posted

I have heard numerous cases that balloon dilation didn't work and wasted expensive money. I would it was other habits and body parts that might have contributed to ETD. Do not just jump to operations. Exhaust all your options such as better breathing, sinus improvement, ear reflexology, eating right and sleeping right before any procedures are taken to your precious ears.

If there are a list of providers that have performed successful balloon dilations, please share them in this thread.

Let's get well everyone, including myself! Always smile and stay positive!

• Posted

i had balloon dilation done and it did not work for me 2500 dollars gone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.