Gym ball exercises after hysterectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone use a gym ball to exercise after their hysterectomy? I have never used one ever but someone told me they are good to use, if anyone out there is using one could you advise me on what sort of exercises to do, I am 6 month post op now LAVH & BSO.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Phoebe

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. They are good for posture if using as seat. You tube good place to get ideas for exercises. The only thing I would say is if you haven't got anywhere to keep it they get in the way. I got annoyed with mine. Got after having kids but did find that good ol sit ups and leg exercises did just as good. 6 months should be ok but check with dr if you not sure. Im only 4 weeks post exactly the same op. How long was it before you were doing normal exercise?
    • Posted

I am getting fed up with my tummy muscles being a bit too 'relaxed' ok, they're flabby i'll admit it, hopefully the ball will help, or my dog can have it to play with lol.
  • Posted

Hi Phoebe

If you go onto YouTube and type in Michelle Kenway, up will come lots of videos on how to use the exercise ball.  She is a Physiotherapist and is brilliant.  I wanted to get a ball before I had the op, because it is great to use when you have had bladder and bowel realignments but we only have a small flat so nowhere to store it, such a shame.  When you purchase one make sure you get the right size for your body.  Michelle has a guide as well in a video on YouTube.

Have fun with your ball.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Thanks Jacqui, fortunately I have enough room, it's stopping my German Shepherd from playing with it that's my problem, she thinks I bought it for her lol! I will have a look on YouTube, thanks.

Phoebe x

• Posted

Hi Phoebe

Hee! hee! you will have to get one for your lovely German Shepherd and one for you, then you can both exercise together.  Now my Rosie wants one!  Perfect toy for dogs!  Have fun.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Phoebe

I started using my ball a week already at my 7th post week. I also started the treadmill at gym only 10mins and now 15mins. I agree with Jacqui..Michelle Kenway is great. I do her excercise for 1/2 hr a day. Then rest up. I can't wait til I'm at 3 months.

• Posted

Hi Maria, thanks, I was on my treadmill at 1 week though not for long, I am walking my dogs for an hour in the morning and about 30 mins in the afternoon so do get a fair bit of exercise but want to work on the tummy a bit, I did go on YouTube yesterday and began doing Michelle Kenways exercises, almost fell off a couple of times LOL but I can see that her exercises will help.

Thanks again.

Phoebe.

• Posted

Hi Maria

So glad you like Michelle Kenway, isn't she brilliant.lol  Keep up the good work you are doing great.

Love

Jacqui smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.