GYN just told me I have AV and I have issues I have not seen here.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am a 66 yr. old, hysterectomy in 2008, issues with a bit of a drooping bladder, but not real bad.  Dryness for the last few years.  Three days ago thought I had a yeast infection (due to intense itching and redness). Tried one day Monistat suppository. Next day not any relieve.  Went to GYN, could not find any yeast, but because of the Monistat it might mask it, so she gave me Diflucan just to make sure. She also said I had a bad case of Atrophic Vaginitis, and my membranes were very thin, irritated, inflamed. Even though she was very careful the exam was painful.  She told me to use Permarin .615 mg cream inside and on the area everyday for two weeks and then back off to once a week. After two days, the redness has decrease a little, irritation is still there big time and I still have a lot of itching.  The issue is it is hard to sit, I feel burps of air coming out and I feel pressure in my vagina (especially when I stand or walk) and it feels like something moving or wanting to slide out of my vagina. I do not think it is my bladder. I have checked with a mirror as well and do not see anything protruding in the opening. Question: Have anyone had this pressure feeling and how long does it take Premarin to work and to feel better.  I also got some KY jelly to put on in the day so I am not too dry. Still very itchy. It is hard to just leave the house. This is scary.  Thinking I need to call my GYN after the weekend.  Anyone have any words of wisdom?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Coconut oil should help knock out any yeast problem anyway as well as lubricate, it certainly helps while you wait for the hrt cream to kick in and help as a preventative for any future thrush problem.
  • Posted

You could use the coconut oil during the day. I found hydrocortisone ok to use as well, but iy is not supposed to be used long term due to skin thinning. Lancacane anti chafing also helped and the latter would stop any itching but make sure it is the anti chafing one you buy if nothing else works. The coconut oil can be used inside and out.
    • Posted

I find premeno duo vaginal ovules great in between treatments ovestin estriol.

made such a difference premeno duo ovules from stress no more uk are natural and so soothing.. I split them in half as half is enough between the ovestin estriol .

i havent tried the coconut oil cant seem to find it here

good luck 

Jay x

• Posted

Hi I'm a 50 yr old and had a hysterectomy last April(2014). Since then I have been experiencing very similar symptoms to yourself and had various different scans etc.It turns out my oestrogen levels are very low and he put me on HRT patches.I had to go back yesterday as the symptoms were no better 6 weeks after going on them,so he has upped the dose to 75mg.Im desperately hoping it will work,I am extremely uncomfortable.He has never mentioned vaginal atrophy but I seem to be experiencing all the symptoms.Reading the many posts on here,seems that there doesn't seem to be a remedy which is a bit scary,as I don't wish to have this discomfort constantly.I also find it uncomfortable walking and sitting.I hope you have found some relief.

• Posted

Hi did you have your ovaries removed? Were you prewarned that VA could result? Im suffering similar problems and am trying to find out if Dr's are aware of this as a possible outcome but not informing us.
  • Posted

I had practically the same thing happen to me. I had never heard of Atrophivc Vaginitis. Woke up one morining very sore and thought I had a yeast infection. Took the pill for that not a smart move. Bladder and lower abdominal pain. Went to a Uroligist he did an exam am said I had VA and I should see a GYNO which I did. I was so inflamed and sore. She gave me the premarin and it took the entire two weeks before I felt any relief. I fought this nightmare for a year and decided to take action my self. That's when I came to this forum and found the vitamin E suppositories with coconut oil suggestion. I ordered them from Walgreens and put one in everynight before I go to bed. They have been a huge help and I have been able to go from every other night putting in the Premarin cream to once a week. You have any pharmacy order them for you. I then began tsearching on the internet and thats where I found the Mona Lisa treatment. Google this you will be amazed. I am not using these creams the rest of my life I am getiing this procedure done in October.

• Posted

Hi did you get the procedure done? We're the results positive?
  • Posted

Hi BK

The "burps" you mention sound like leaky gut or fanny fart as they are also unpleasantly called.  If it is the smell is dreadful as they emerge.

If you imagine your gut is mesh like stockings it should filter out bacteria etc but if you are intolerant to a food for some reason the mesh expands (just like putting your hand down a stocking) and bacteria and gas enter the vaginal wall.

I suffered with this before being diagnosed as having an intolerance to wheat so it might be a dietary change you need to look into. Once I removed wheat from my diet this (and many more) symptoms disappeared.

Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.