gynaecology appointment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first went to a and e In February with cronic pain I kept telling the doctor I had a cyst they dint listen to me they did pregnancy test to rule out etopic pregnancy and my urine for infetion and ran blood tests to rule out any else and sent me home with anti biotic's and pain killers they told me I needed a ultrasound to see what was going on they found a cyst on my right side it's not gone away they have done blood test once already for ovarian cancer got my gynaecology appointment in may bit scared I don't know what to expect can anyone tell me if they been to gynaecology appointment already what to expect

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you had any gyncelogical issues inin the past? Or hahave you had anyany adno minal surgery?

• Posted

Had a cyst few years ago but it was jue to my periods and went on it own and it was on my left ovary this one is on my right and it's causing me a lot of problems

• Posted

i had a cyst diagnosed by ultrasound it was huge so the timescale was a bit quicker than yours. i saw the gynae within 2 weeks its nothing to be scared of they will just chat, do a quick internal examination bit like a smear, may do some bloods. they will then plan whether they will watch and wait for if surgery is needed.

i had surgery they removed 20cm cyst xx

• Posted

Got my appointment in may my last internal scan caused me bleeding and discomfort I'm not looking forward to it and they doing blood test ca125 again but I think it's got bigger causing me problems still

• Posted

hi lauren

i had a cysts that was enlarging so they had removed it last year did they do a vanigal ultrasound that will determine if it is a cyst and how big it is

• Posted

They have done one and it's 1.4cm that was in Feb not sure now how big it is been causing me problems and the internal scan hurt and made me bleed after was in discomfort for the rest of the day

• Posted

what discomfort are u having as far as the pain cause i had bloating like i was pregnant couldn't eat cause i was always full pain on side and couldn't sleep and also constipated

• Posted

It's like permanent stitch and got back pain and sleeping is hard also going toilet all the time it's annoying and fustrating

• Posted

its small to be causing issues did they say what type if cyst it was. friend of mine had one only 4cm or something but it caused her pain. they went in to look and it was a bloody filled cyst which was leaking and causing pain. they decided to leave it and it has gone away now.

hope you get sorted, keep us updated

• Posted

I think it's got bigger they have referred me to gynaecology because it's not going away on its own

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.