gyni appointment at last

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi had gyni appointment today my fibroid is size of a grapefruit going for hystorectomy begining december thank god get rid of this devil for good 

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good luck, i had a total hysterectomy leaving ovaries last October, it has been a long road to revocery and waiting for an hernia repair atm caused by my large incision and infection and doing too much to soon after surgery  I would still have the surgery again as my life had all but stopped, i had one fibroid the size of a melon weighing 4lbs and 4 the size of large oranges and 1  was pressing on my bladder that had started to degenerate. I was 43 and had my family and was really out of other options with the size of my womb etc.  If a hysterectomy can be avoided it is worth looking at other options.  I grapefruit size is large but its not huge.  If my womb was not so large or my cervix prolapsed i would not have had such major surgery tbh.  Don't want to put you off but complications do happen, some patients are in and out of hospital quicker than others and i was generally fit and healthy.  I woud also ask if you can have stiches insted of staples/clips i found these and i no other women have to very uncomfortable.  Best wishes x

• Posted

Thanx i have thought this through iv had 4y hell and just want it to end im willing to take the chance
    • Posted

Good uck Fiona, I know how you feel & admire your firm piece of miind to hopefully end the misery a fibroid can cause. I wish you all the very best for a good end result. Gods speed.

• Posted

Thanx heeather i know it will b long recovery but like i say im willing to take the chance will let use know how i get on
    • Posted

please do its scary how fast these things can grow, whilst I was on reducing drugs - esmya first orally taken 9 months & Zoladex 2nd implants 6 months my fibroid grew from 12x13x7 to 11 1/2 x 13 x10 I was shocked! I need to do something about this Melon in my abdomen but I'm hoping that UFE will help me for the time being. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

Thank you, so do I. Let me know how you get on & good luck. Kepping you in my prayers for a safe procedure & good recovery.

Best x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.