h pylori

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi it sounds probably a bit crazy but has anyone that had the bacterial infection caused by h pylori felt the bacteria wriggling inside the stomach? 

All the times I had antibiotics to try to eradicated hp,  I always felt that feeling , and I' m feeling it a lot.

I bought Mastic gum after reading a lot about this natural supp for hp, and I had that sensation. Has anyone felt it too? It's really odd.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. There are numerous side effects from gastritis and antibiotics. The feeling you have will be from them. It won't be the bacteria as they are microscopic.

I found the antibiotics harsh on my stomach lining. I took probiotics after the treatment which helped.

Then weeks of strict diet and ppi after to heal

• Posted

Thanks Paul for your reply. this time I had 14 days of Ab's and few bad side effects. Now I'm taking Mastic a gum to help with the gastritis pain and eat healthy as possible. It's helping but still don't know if hp was eradicated or not. I hope so, it was my 4 th treatment, I'm so sick of this. I also have a good probiotic but stopped taking because I'm taking the mastica gum suppl.

• Posted

Hi. 4th course of AB?! Wow that's bad luck. I was lucky to shift mine first time. In UK they test you for specific sensitivity if you don't eradicate after 2 courses (triple and then quadruple therapy).

There are also natural teas you can drink to eradicate the bacteria...but they are expensive and take longer.

Worth considering though if your AB don't work.

Keep on with ppi and strict diet and you should pick up. Then after 2/3 months ween off and do a stool test to confirm eradication.

Mastic gum can irritate sensitive stomachs so be careful.

• Posted

Hi I had 3 treatments for 7 days and  last for 14 days ( all triple therapies). The gastro doctor I saw told me I have a very resistant strain but unfortunately he didn't mentioned to do a sensitivity test.

The natural teas that could help do you know any names?

I've been in so much pain this week sad thanks for all the advice. Maybe I thought Mastic gum was helping when in fact is irritating more my tummy. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.