H pylori

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been feeling nausa for 6 weeks random stomach pain loose stools burning pain at random times been to doctors 4 times bloods and stool all done back ok. doctors say I don't warrent a camera and it could be h pylori but I bought a blood test kit from Amazon 2 weeks ago and it was negative but I've been on ppis so I now have to wait 2 weeks for a breath test.my question is. do u guys think the blood one is wrong.I'm stressing out big time and I have the most random gi illnesses that aint getting better.I ain't lossing weight or passing blood in anyway.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi chris61777

Blood test are not usually reliable to show HPylori especially if you have been taking ppi's when your blood was taken..A breath test is a more reliable test for HP. Stop stressing it will make your gut problems worse. If it is HP a course of antibiotics will get rid of HP....best wishes...

• Posted

I bought mastic gum on the off chance I do have this,as I still have to wait a week and a half I'm feeling sick.do you think I should start to take it or would it mess with the test when I go to take it?

• Posted

Hi chris61777

It would be advisable not to take anything until your test as it may interfere with the test and produce a false result....try and combat the sickness by not eating rich greasy food and fried fatty food. Have some natural yogurt with cultures and warm milk....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi chris61777

Do not take the mastic gum until you know the result of the breath test. If it is positive you will be given 3 courses of antibiotic meds. After you have finished the courses then take the mastic gum because even though the AB's will have eradicated the HP your gut will still be sore and tender and the mastic gum and a kind diet will help heal your gut over time...if your result is negative then it will be ok to take the mastic gum when you get the negative result...very best wishes...

• Posted

If you were taking PPIs when you did your home kit h pylori test, it may not have been accurate because you need to be off PPis for two weeks.  However, don't stress about the accuracy of the test now because it is over and done with. Instead, come off your PPIs, take the breath test and calmly wait for your results. 

• Posted

Its been 8 days since ive had a ppi for 5 days my stomach has felt like someone has been punching it and constant burping now I'm feeling very nauseas is this normal? I can't eat anything.

• Posted

If you came off your PPIs quickly, you may be having rebound symptoms.  Did you have these symptoms while on your medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.