H Pylori

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am beginning to believe I have an infection of H Pylori. I have an appointment with my GP on Monday to hopefully get checked out. Only symptoms I have are excess belching, heartburn, BAD gas, and stomach discomfort around 2-2.5/10 I have also been having headaches which seems to also be a potential symptom from the research I have done. This has all been lingering for around 6 weeks now.

Question: For anyone who has ever had an H Pylori infection, does the stomach discomfort stay around the same level? does it intensify in the mornings? Mine does sometimes but then a bowel movement (usually floating stool) makes it feel better. Also, if I have something to eat that seems to calm it some, but it doesn't go away.

Any insight would be great!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

A stool test would detect H pylori.  Ask for this test.  Do you have shifting abdominal pain and change of bowel habit such as constipation or diarrhoea?   Temporary relief of pain after a bowel movement is an IBS symptom.
    • Posted

The pain does shift some yes. bowel habits are the same. I have lived with IBS for around 25 years which I am pretty aware of the symptoms of IBS. I plan on asking at least for the breath test, did an at home stool test, no blood to be found so that was a plus. It doesn't bother me in day to day function, it's just annoying. The intensity when it does change is very little up or down, just constant.

• Posted

My IBS started with the intensity of the pain moving very little up and down and being constant.  If a stool test is negative for  h pylori, gastritis could be another possibility or a flare up of IBS.
  • Posted

can you try paleo diet for a month to see if it helps especially for the bloating,hearburn and gas. you should completely avoid grains in any form. My father has these symptoms and he is doing good. I'm also planning to try out to see if it helps with gas,bloating and heartburn.

• Posted

I have simular problems to you I showed positive for H Pylori blood test and was put on antibiotics etc they made me very ill It was then discovered after a stoolsample that I didn't have it The stool test is only reliable test but GPS reluctant to do this because cause Blood test only shows whether you have had it ever in your life time I now know I don't have it My gastroenterologist just told me my problem is unexplained and told me to take gavescon for 6 weeks It has made no difference

• Posted

Hi there, 

I’ve just discovered I have this same infection linked to gastritis. My symptoms are varied, I can usually go about 2 days where I can almost feel normal and eat a standard amount of calories but then I’m stricken with excruciating abdominal pain and nausea for a few days. The pain eases and the cycle commences again. I’ve started to take Nexium to help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.