H pylori

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, can anyone share their story and how they think they got H pylori and if they treated it or not? What were the tests to confirm,what were the treatments, and how the symptoms progressed?Did anyone just leave it and see if recovery can happen naturally? Thank you

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I tried triple treatment and that didn't work. Then tried some king of herbal treatment for like 2 months and that didn't work. The only thing that worked for me is the quad treatment. It was tough going through that process but I thank God that all went well at the end.

Best thing to do is stay healthy by reducing stress, eat well, excercise moderately, and very very very important: SLEEP Well.

• Posted

Thank you,did you feel that triple treatment was worth it? or do you think changing diet and staying healthy would of given same results? and how do you think you got it and what were symptoms? thank you again
  • Posted

Hi - I think I got mine while in Asia (Thailand) but cannot be 100% certain. I got very sick when I was there. I had a blood test done for H Pylori and it came back positive.  I tried to heal myself for a month by totally changing my diet but it was impossible because of the burning stomach pain, nausea, no appetite, acid reflux, GERD, and stomach ulcer symptoms. 

I came back to UK, did a stool test which came back positive. I was prescribed Triple Therapy: PPI, Amoxicillin and Metronidazole for 7 days.  However, I decided not to take the conventional treatment because I thought I could heal myself naturally.  I tried for nearly 2 months using herbs, natural treatments and still the pain was unbearable - I was getting worse. So, I went down the Triple Therapy route. Instead of 7 days, I took the meds for 14 days and added in Pepto Bismol each day 4 times a day. I swapped the PPI for Ranitidine 150mg two times a day. (I couldn’t tolerate the PPIs when I tried them on their own to help with acid reflux so swapped to Ranitidine when I started my antibiotics.) 

I finished my treatment 17 days ago. I have no idea if the H Pylori has been eradicated. I have to wait another 3 weeks before I can do a stool test. Although the ulcer/burning pain has gone, I’m left feeling drained and weak and have to be really careful with food. 

If I’m still H Pylori positive, I will not hesitate to do the Quad Therapy to rid myself of the pathogen.  The treatment is really tough but H Pylori must be eradicated. 

• Posted

was it through food ingestion or from personally contact? and while on the  14 day treatment during it what were the side effects?
    • Posted

I just don’t know how it was contracted. It could have been through personal contact, food ingestion, contaminated water. There’s also the possibility that I could have had in my system for years lying dormant with no symptoms.

The 14 day treatment was hell. My side effects were really bad headache, terrible nausea, horrid metallic taste in mouth, no appetite, frequent bowel movements, felt weak and exhausted.

• Posted

If H-pylori infection is untreated it could lead to a vitamin B12 deficiency.which adversely affects the nervous system
  • Posted

I went for endoscopy because of constant heartburn and one night I woke up with horrible stomach pain.  I was told I have mild gastritis and tested positive for h pylori. I was pit on antibiotics for 2 weeks. Omce I stopped I went to get tested again and it showed ones still positive. I went on many more antibiotics. It was probably the 4th day in and I was sick to my stomach. I couldn't take the meds anymore. I went from doctor to doctor crying because I couldn't take the pain the meds were causing me. So one Doc final told me to stop because I lost so much weight.  I started taking manuka honey and followed a bland diet. And took Nexium. It took some time for my stomach to heal ..Don't forget probiotics.good luck

• Posted

Thank you for sharing and all of you had a hard road but seem to be very strong and very courageous...... Glad to hear that most of you had the courage to do the treatment,it seems it is a very big decision...
  • Posted

I also have it and I'm currently taking omeprazole and the probiotic juice that really helps a lot for the gut, in which it did work for me.

• Posted

Taking Omeprazole (and If your  H-pylori infection is untreated) could lead to a vitamin B12 deficiency.which adversely affects the nervous system.
    • Posted

That's true! In which that's why at the same time I'm taking B-12 and iron vitamins because that's whag my doctor advise me to do so.

• Posted

Well done your doctor - that is not always the case.

I wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.