H pylori

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi was diagnosed with h pylori in March 2020, was put on the thriple therapy for 7 days, which eradicated the infection, but with no avail my stomach issues did not get better, the pain was different not like when I had the infection but less milder, bloating, stomach aches were common...had a stool test done 6 weeks after, came back negative for h pylori, had blood tests done last one was in January 2021, had CT scan, ultrasound scan done , all came back good results with no issues, had another stool test done March 3rd 2021, came back negative for h pylori, my symptoms have got better but I still have stomach aches and an irratation on my upper stomach at times, especially if I dont eat more then 4 hours...i dont smoke, stopped all sugar and processed foods, gone dairy and gluten free aswel...iv taken probiotics for the past 12 months, please can anyone help me with some advice on how they overcame this horrible infection and how long it took them to fully recover and heal there stomach, and any advice on supplements, herbal meds etc that work and make a big difference...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi Naveed, I was diagnosed with H. Pylori in February. I went on the triple therapy but had an allergic reaction after 6 days and went off of the medication. I haven't started a second treatment since then as I have been trying to figure out my allergies. I've been taking Manuka Honey, calcium supplements with digestive enzymes, licorice and soil based probitocs. I also drink cabbage juice and have a very strict diet. I started feeling well for a few weeks but the pain started coming back a couple of days ago. I have an appt with a GI doctor on Tuesday. I will probably get an endoscopy to see what's going on. it's becoming so exhausting because I feel like I can't enjoy anything anymore. I'm sorry you're going through this! know that you are not alone! we just need to stick to a good diet and pray things will get better. 🙏

• Posted

Try going to a health store for options. Over the counter supplements and medicine helps but recovery time is much slower.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.