H Pylori Bacteria

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hope I spelt that right! Everything I read said you can have this without being aware of it. I was tested for it with a stool test nearly a year ago when I started to have problems. But is it possible I have acquired it since then or the stool test did not pick it up? I ask because since the treatment for it I feel beter and my tongue, which had been coated while for years is totally smooth and coat free and pink again now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I've also heard that you can have it without having symptoms.  I was diagnosed with a bioposy during an endoscopy and then had a stool test following treatment to see it had cleared.  I have also been told that you can catch it again from such things as an infected toothbrush.
    • Posted

I suppose if you have it without symptoms you do not care? I have been taking the treatment you take for it over the past few days and have noticed that the furry yellow tongue I have had for years and years has gone. It is now a purplish tongue, which is normal when you take this medicine. Quite a feature really, quite pretty, just have to make sure that my clothes don't clash with it.
    • Posted

Don't use other people tooth brushes:-) You can get it from kissin' as well.

A large percentage of the population carry the bug but it does not cause symptoms in all.

• Posted

No, I think you should care whether you have symptoms or not as it can be a precursor to other illnesses.  It's horrible to have symptoms but I suppose the biggest advantage (if you can call it that) is that you are aware of it and can try to do something about it.
    • Posted

I was getting better and then got much worse as soon as had some biotics. I dont use other peoples tooth brushes and had been told a year ago I did not have this bacteria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.