H Pylori - can it really make you feel so unwell???

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was tested positive for H Pylori last week - GP had started me on Omeprazole on Thursday, then added the antibiotics for the HP therapy on Monday, so I have had 2 full days of triple therapy whammy.

I felt sooooo damn poorly, was as white as a sheet, no appetite at all, terrible discomfort (as oppposed to pain) and already I feel so much better and brighter - my colour has improved, discomfort gone other than for short period after eating, still only eating very small and bland, but actually beginning to get appetite back and an occasional grumbling tum.

I don't know how long I had it because I never felt poorly, although I had some reflux, belching - but I felt like I had been hit by a bus around 2 weeks ago. I am still having investigations for my liver, so that is ongoing, but I have to say that if this is the response to the triple therapy, then it is remarkable.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

How are you doing?

I'm currently coming off omeprazole so I can be tested for a H pylori infection. I've never had gastric symptoms of any kind until about 4 weeks ago when this weird griping pain started and has since progressed and made me feel terrible and very anxious.

Obviously I don't know for sure that I have the infection yet but I'm almost hoping I do as it would explain all these symptoms (stomach pain/burning, burping, bloating, increase in pain when my stomach is empty, nausea after eating, get full quickly and diarrhoea.) I'm 29, I don't drink and I eat a healthy diet with no highly fatty or fried foods so I've never experienced anything like this before and it's scary!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.