H.Pylori CFS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi folks,

Just wanted to ask a few things. I had a positive test for Heliobacter pylori, i would specifically like to hear from people that had h.pylori, how did itmakes you feel ? Were you chronically fatigued by it, feeling terrible constantly, very weak, low energy ? I've had CFS 14 months, it was initially post viral, now i am wondering the years prior of stress, depleted my beneficial bacteria and i am now left with an opportunistic infection like h.pylori. The reading from the private test seemed quite high, so i assume you can get infections worse than others ? All input appreciated. I am hopeful this is the evidence i have been looking for in remedying my CFS. Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi david. soerry too hea ru've caught this little naughty. hope u can manage the antibiotics. i got HCP infection whilst i had CFS. yes, i felt horrible and difficult to seperate out the CFS horrible feelings from the HCP feelings. my digetsive system was worse, couldn't eat properly, constantly nausaeted etc. etc. it drags u down further. i had an engdoscopy and they found an ulcer. unfortunately, my body couldn't do the antibiotics, so used Colloidal Silver and homeopathy & kept out or arenas where HCP might be prevalent.

Caitlin.

• Posted

Hi David

I'm an ex-athlete with CFS/ME for years, treated with triple therapy for H.Pylori due to ongoing nausea years ago, but no reduction in symptoms, later actually told the HP test was negative.  

I'm trialling salts, Vit C, pacing and extra sleep atm - salts (isotonic-type) make a massive difference to the dizziness but I'm not getting too excited yet.

PB

• Posted

Hi, which sport ? how old are you ? don't think pylori eradication helping me either. Thanks
  • Posted

Hi David, 

If I recall back to how I ended up with CFS/ fibromyalgia is that I had a prior infection with H.pylori. I use to feel very ill when ever I had a meal, would need to use the loo as soon as food entered my mouth, bad IBS symptoms, and feeling of nausea and bad acid, stomach pain. After that infection I started off with lower back pain and then following on to pain in muscles, fatigue, stiff backpain, low energy, soreness in the muscles, tingles and numbness in my arms and legs, bad sleep and brain fog which effects me daily. 

You will be put on two different types of antibiotics which made me sick that I could not complete the treatment. 

Wish ah you all the best 

• Posted

Hi Rose well i had no typical pylori symptoms, but GP said to treat anyway as private stool test detected it, the past 2 days i have been extra unwell, CFS is much more debilitating, i'm at day5 of the triple therapy, having a break, no choice see if i feel better. Thanks for the reply.
    • Posted

Hi David, The bacteria can remain dormant in some peoples stomach without any symptoms where others will get symptoms. It may be you are feeling unwell because of the side effects of the triple therapy. Best to probably try and complete the treatment because in the long run the bacteria can cause cancer and ulcers if not treated. 
    • Posted

Did you ever get rid of h pylori? I have chronic fatigue and just tested positive for h pylori. I am already weak and am afraid to take the antiboitics. Not sure if I can make it through 2 weeks of it.

What were your symptoms on the antibiotics?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.