H pylori diagnosis 2 weeks ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I was diagnosed with h pylori 2 weeks ago took antibiotics for 1 week came off them last Friday. Felt much better however today I am starting with pain again in my stomach and getting a distant heart burn. I've changed my diet and and am trying the mastic gum. I'm at my wits end I don't know what to eat my doctor hasn't given me much advice! Can anyone suggest anything fed up of pain I know it hasn't gone and my doc said they will not retest me!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Its not necessary that the HP hasn't gone if you still have the same symptoms. even sometimes the symptoms are worst after medication. this is due to the damage happened in your gut by that infection and this needs time to heal. I was diagnosed with HP last October and went through 2 rounds of treatment as the first one didn't kill the bacteria which also might happen I had the stool test last Sunday and it came negative so its eradicated but I still feel some symptoms and life not normal yet. 

Are you still on PPI? you need to do the test again after you stop the PPI by 2 weeks. 

The only thing you can do till you go for the test to follow good diet which you can find a lot in the web and mainly stop spicy, oily, caffeine, cigarettes and alcohol.

Hope you will get better soon. this awful bacteria is the worst thing ever happened to me. 

• Posted

Hi, how are you feeling now? Recently I'm diagnosed with +h pylori bacteria and I have been taking medicine for the treatment (Librax) and pantoprazole (40mg).These medicine are enough or not.I am facing breathing difficulty ,bloating,sometime pain in stomach and chest.Can you plz give me suggestions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.