H Pylori exasperated

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I'm 22 yr old, 5' 10  and 130 pounds. I started symptoms around a year ago or maybe even longer. I get chills in my upper body (chest and upper abdomen) and bloating, pain in the chest and abdomen (and formerly my back as well). I constantly feel bloated but hungry at the same time. Since the beginning of the year, I have lost about 15 pounds.

I was tested positive for H pylori and treated twice. The first time with the triple therapy and most recently, with the quad therapy. Neither have made any noticeable difference to my symptoms and I will have my second Urea Breath Test next monday.

I'm taking a semester off school now (thankfully I managed to finish my bachelors at least) but I'm lonely as hell since I moved back to my home town. I still have very good friends here but it's hard to go out when you feel like crap. I'm home by myself all day until my parents and brother come home.

I've done a Upper GI series including the barium swallor X ray and an abdominal ultrasound. The results of both which came back normal today. My doc (my second doctor since my primary seems really clueless) says that it's likely the strain of H pylori I have is antibiotic resistant. If the second UBT comes back positive, I will have to try a sequential treatment of antibiotics (YAY for killing all the bacteria in you!) If it comes back negative, he said it could be that the ulcers need time to heal (he asked me to take PPIs for 3 months if the test comes back negative).

I was so excited to know my results today but since they came back all normal, it means I'm back to feeling confused and playing the waiting game. 

Basically, the only thing I have confirmed is H pylori infection, and I've read in loads of places that it's beneficial to us so I don't know how it's causing my symptoms. I'm a pretty scientific guy so I've read a lot of articles on it and it just leaves me sooooo bloody confused even though I was considering going to medicine at one point.

I used to think this was all just anxiety, but nope, looks like I subjected myself to feeling bad about anxietyfor nothing. 

I'm open to suggestions and hearing everyone's experiences.

I haven't tried going on a special diet yet, brain fog kind of takes over me but I am so frustrated at this point, I'm gonna give this everything I've got left in me.

If you have cured yourself, Please, please tell me what you did. I don't care if I have to read through 10 pages. I ordered some mastic gum, manuka honey, digestive enzymes, pepzin GI, and HCl off amazon two days ago but haven't received them yet, what else should I try? 

Dietary and medical recommendations are much appreciated. I have time on my hands and a pretty decent budget. 

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey I would like to hear about your results!! I finished the first tirple therapy and it did not work, but my symptoms did go away for like 1 week or so, please keep me updated with everything thats going on in your life. I have an appointment with a Gi next week to talk about my next treatment. also please let me know if the manuka honey and stuff liek that work. As for your question, after my first treatment I still have symptoms left right now so.... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.