H Pylori, gas and burping - recovery time? Gas so slow to go.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi it is my first time on these forums, and seeking comfort in what I read. I found out I had H Pylori after several trips to the doctors complaining of excess burping, bubbles of gas in my throat and strange stomach gurgling. I finished my triple therapy one week ago and the burping has almost subsided but the little bubbles of gas that come up at the back of my throat are still hanging around. Can anyone compare their stories of the gas caused by this horrible bug? If I press my tummy I can hear it all going around.....wondering when the end will be in sight!!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone, I am diagnosed with h.pylori 4 weeks ago, since then, I have completed 10 days antibiotic course, i still have frequent burping. I am not sure how long is it gonna take to recover. I would really appreciate if someone recovered from this disease can guide me in this regard.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi , I am diagnosed with h.pylori 4 weeks ago, since then, I have completed 10 days antibiotic course, i still have frequent burping. I am not sure how long is it gonna take to recover. I would really appreciate if someone recovered from this disease can guide me in this regard.

Thanks

• Posted

You could try drinking oils, such as cod liver oil. Cod liver oil is said to promote digestive system health. Speak to your doctor about options.

• Edited

Hello dear

since 1 month ago i feel pain in my stomach and abdomen and i hospitalized for 2 days i get metronidazole and normal saline then get better and discarded , But since time i have constipation and too much abdomen gas and stomach pain after testing urea breath test and blood test both gives positive now i am taking rid course of h pylori but some time strong chest stomach area pain waking me up at the morning and some time after taking medicines i fell better but sometimes i have very discomfort and heavy stomach who else have this case plz

i wish and pray for all getting better inshallah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.