H pylori gastritis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've had 3 treatments with antibiotics to try to kill the bacterial infection h pylori. Two failed and now I'm waiting to be tested again.

I have gastritis ( chronic) lot of stomach pain , nausea, etc. I feel awful not to mentioned very worried that I'll never be able to get rid of this horrible bacteria and live with chronic stomach pain.

Is there anyone that's went though similar experience ( unfortunately) but got rid if it in the end? Is there a surgery for this if meds don't cure it? I'm totally desperate in pain. When is there a vaccine? Natural things can't kill this bacteria.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leni75

Go on amazon and tap in Mastika (Mastic Gum) a natural remedy thst kills HPylori.....best wishes

• Posted

Hi I don't think mastic gum can kill h pylori. Thanks anyway.
    • Posted

Hi Leni175

Yes! My friend is using it and doing well. The write up on Mastic Gum definitely says it kills HPylori...up to you though...best wishes..

• Posted

What do you mean about your friend doing well? Did his/ her symptoms improve or is now h pylori free?
    • Posted

Hi Leni75

My friend took Mastic as directed on the bottle and is HP free .......she suffered with it for a long time could not get rid of it with AB's......I think April's testimony is proof enough aswell......best wishes for a speedy recovery....

• Posted

I've had three treatments so far with Ab's, two were positive but I found out my husband had it two so we did a treatment at same time, a third time for me and a first time for him. I think that's why I was still positive. I even had my 20 month old baby tested for h .pylori but thankfully she was tested negative. I have to wait more two weeks to be retested, and if I'm again positive I might try mastic gum as a last resort. For how long your friend took MG ? Thanks 
    • Posted

Hi Leni75

You have to follow the instructions that come with the tabs..She has been taking them for about a month or so now but i think there is a time when you discontinue them....the labelling will tell you....hope you get it sorted not a very nice thing to deal with....

• Posted

hi Lilian.. let's go for all natural..another option is papaya seeds..very very effective against digetsive parasites..however..i know it works best for helminthic parasites,not quite sure for bacteria parasite like H.pylori..will do a research on that! have a nice day!
    • Posted

Hi threena58977

Yes Threena I agree!....you have a good week......best wishes.😊

• Posted

I am living proof Mastic Gum works. I was diagnosed with Pylori, gastritis, and a hiatal hernia at the beginning of February this year. I didn't know anything about mastic gum until I joined this forum and internet searching. I knew for a fact I didn't want to take 2 antibiotics and a ppi. I went to my local health store and bought mastic gum, manuka honey, dgl tablets, and a cranberry supplement. I didn't like the Manuka honey so I gave that up on day 2. Never opened the DGL, so that was a waste of $25.00. I did take 2 500 mg capsules of mastic gum, every mornning an hour before eating breakfast. I bought a pretty inexpensive probiotic and I feel great. I stuck with the bland diet, no dairy, limited bread. My 1st breath test (early March) still showed positive. I didn't get to see the results, but my DR informed me that I was still positive(I don't want to assume she lied about the results because I told her I never started the prevpac antibiotics) I just retested Last Monday, I told her I finished the meds. Wednesday she called and gave me the all clear. And I promise you I didn't take any of the antibiotics, or Acid reducers. I took Mastic, ate broccoli and I've become addicted to Crasins. (Dried cranberries,) but that's the extent of my treatment. A lot of people on the forum take 3 or 4 supplements and digested aids. I just thought it was over kill. I mean if I need to take 1000 supplements, why not just take the antibiotics and get it over with right?? Well that's my success story, I was skeptical at 1st especially after the 1 st test was still positive. But here I am now, nasty pylori free in under 90 days without the antibiotics.
    • Posted

Hi April

Are you sure you really got rid of it completely? It could be a false negative. If your symptoms are improving then it's really great for you. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Posted

Ohhhh Leni75, the false negative was the first thing that popped into my head when I initially got the results. I have been obsessed with this bug since my diagnosis. Lol but so far so good. I'm going to finish the bottle of Mastic I have and give it a couple months to see
    • Posted

I hope it's still negative next time you get tested.  It will give me hope that I can fight it too. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

that's good news april.. at least we'll have list of all natural options for H.pylori and we know for a fact that natural products,all natural will have lesser or no side effects at all for the other systems of the body! Thank God for herbs!
  • Posted

Hi Leni75

​I had H Pypori and had antobiotics and I did buy the mastic gum and I am sure that is what helped get rid of it . .I have had another stool test done and it was clear .I also have severe gastritis  I know how you are feeling x

• Posted

What antibiotics were you given fo it ?  I had it 13 years ago and it tookthe  triple therapy, then the quadruple therapy to eradicate it.   I now have it again and have to have different antibiotics this time.  I am also using mastic gum and probiotics. 
    • Posted

Hi Joycemadine

Did you take the mastic gum while taking the antibiotics of afterwards? 

it's very painful gastritis especially after certain foods. What do you take for the gastritis, a PPI? It's horrible feeling this way for so long..

• Posted

Hi Joycemadine

It has been a while since we wrote this but I just wanted to say I'm still in so much pain that I've decided to buy mastic gum in desperation after of what I've read in this forum from many people. The bottle says to take a 1000mg before bed for 4 weeks and then 2 a day. How long and how much did you take it before you tested negative? I really hope it works with me because I know I still have it and no antibiotic worked. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.