H pylori help!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve now gone from 195 to 172 in a matter of 15 days. Has anyone else had trouble swallowing? If so did you have to force yourself to eat? Did you go on a liquid diet? If so I could really use recommendations. I’ve realized I put myself in an unhealthy position I only get 250 calories from one can this is scary. If anyone can give any advice much appreciated I’m now on my 6th day of 14 days antibiotic treatment. My primary care physician is so booked I can’t see her til June 11th so  I’m gonna most likely see another doctor has anyone else had to change doctors for h. Pylori? 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

When you see your primary care physician ask to gave your serum B12 and serum Folate levels checked as the H-Pylori infection may put you at risk of being deficient.

I'm sorry I cannot advise you on diet as I am not a medically trained person but I've had Pernicious Anemia (a form of B12 deficiency) for more than 46 years having had two thirds of my stomach removed at the age of 17 in 1959.

I wish you well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.