H pylori. I don't know what to do anymore...

Posted , 23 users are following.

Hello and sorry for the long post.

My symptoms started January of this year and it has been a constant nightmare of symptoms. Reflux, throat pain, lump in throat, stabbing pains and burning in the upper stomach, burping,heart palpitations, chest pain, throat clicking, chocking on nothing, nausea depression, anxiety and much more.

I was only recently diagnosed with an h pylori infection which has been a great relief as I was worried if it was worse.

It's been around two weeks since I've taken the 7 day triple therapy and I am still continuing the acid reduction medicine. However, I am still experiencing symptoms. Particularly my throat which feels like there is a lump and sometimes makes me choke or feel sick and it gets unbearable to the point where it distracts me from my daily chores.

It's getting the best of me and I am feeling like there is no way out of this. My biggest worry is constantly worrying myself I have something like GERD or LPR or whatever and I just do not want to be living with this horrible pain i have to go through every day.

It saddens me a lot worrying about what i eat, what i drink. I'm always thinking if I will get my old life back. No amount of lifestyle changes, diet changes or supplements or medications have helped me. In fact, making it worse to bear. Particularly drinking water makes it much worse. Eating makes it worse and not eating also makes it worse. It's odd because there is no particular trigger for it. it just is there no matter what.

I have lost my social life, my job and I am at a mess and all alone. No one seems to understand what I go through.

I feel depressed and suicidal just looking back I would never even think about joining a health forum and feel like I am in a body of an 80 year old. I am  21, male. Before this, I ate healthy most of the time as I am into fitness, with the occasional social drinking.That is also out of the question now. I always wonder if I'll ever get better at all. How am I supposed to carry on when all I feel is pain everywhere?

My question is what should I do? my doctor says to keep taking the PPI to let the damage heal. which makes sense to me, after all I've been experiencing there definitely must be damage inside that needs time to heal. two days ago was the first time I had absolutely zero symptoms which made me think I am finally getting better, but today it all came back for no reason and feels worse than ever. How can I keep myself thinking this is not a permanent condition? seeing other forums, people mention about how they have GERD or LPR and stuff like this really makes me depressed and anxious.

what should I do for the time being? has anyone been in this position before? how long does it take to heal? can stomach damage cause reflux or is it permanent? I want to fix this so bad and I feel like I am missing out on life. 

Thank you for all your replies.

Darren

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Darren and Allison I have same problem with yours since June last year.. I'm not that bad but I'm not feeling any better.. I have 2 good days and 3 bad days... How are you doing now plus do you have any idea on how long it takes to heal the stomach after H.Pylori effects? I'm dying please reply

• Posted

Hi Ahmad. Sorry to hear you’re the same. The side effects of hpylori meds disappeared after about 3/4 weeks and I no longer get bloating or a really uncomfortable stomach after eating but since then I’ve had another endoscopy which suggests I’ve got a hernia and maybe Barrett’s oesophagus. I’m having a third endoscopy again soon to double check as this wasn’t picked up on the first. I still get back pain, and chest pains  but have cut out spicy food drinking alchohol and fatty food in the meantime which helps. 
  • Posted

Hello.. i know its been a long time since this thread has started.. but I just want to know that how are you all feeling now? very eager to know as I am suffering the same since past 1 year. Will my acidity, slight burning sensation, bloating ever go away? i am feeling lot better than last year but I still have some symptoms as I stated above..so will these ever go away?

• Posted

Hello.. i know its been a long time since this thread has started.. but I just want to know that how are you all feeling now? very eager to know as I am suffering the same since past 1 year. Will my acidity, slight burning sensation, bloating ever go away? i am feeling lot better than last year but I still have some symptoms as I stated above..so will these ever go away?

• Posted

• Posted

Hi Darren

I am currently still in pain after the treatment ended 4 weeks ago. Are you better now and how long did it take. Any tips would really be appreciated

• Posted

Anxiety can lead to depression. In your case it might have done already. When the mind is well the body reacts better, when the mind is full of problems and hardships the body takes effect in negative ways. Beat your depression. Ask yourself why you are depressed and then work on solving those issues, one by one.

• Posted

Hi

out of curiosity what everyone treatment was for H Pylori ? What antibiotics did you take and for how long?

• Posted

sorry to hear what you have been through i can assure you that i am going throw the same issue with h pylori its like my life has turned upside down been on 2 seperate antibiotics 1 did not work 2nd worked bit everything returned back after a few days it seems like nothing is working even tried natural remedies

• Posted

I have been battling hplori since February i had all the symptoms you shared stay on a bland diet its helping me fried foods soda will flare you up pepto helps as well jello cabbage juice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.