H pylori in child

Posted , 3 users are following.

Iv got a 9yr old daughter who has

h-pylori bacteria in her stomach, she has treated with the three different dose meds for couple weeks back last year in June, that didn’t work, in December she got treated again same meds in adult form, and we just got her results few days ago as I couldn’t go earlier. And she still has it. I don’t know what else to do. I went and seeked  a first second and there opinion and all three different doctors told me not to re treat it and why did I treat it in the first place as apparently it’s a common bacteria and so on. Now the dr who originally treated her wants to send her to a pediatrician to take things from her on.  Just wondering is anyone else has experienced this or knows anything about this certain bacteria 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Not in children no but I myself have had it and its a beggar to get shut of.  I would take the advice of the Dr who wants to send her to a paediatrician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.