H pylori in my child

Posted , 6 users are following.

If someone can give me advice in how to treat my 9yr old daughter whom has h pylori, first diagnosed last year got treated with the triple therapy uunfortunately it didn’t go, I waited five months and we treated it again with triple therapy adult form, we just got her poo results and she still has it. Dr doesn’t want to bother treating it again, I seeked few more opinions from different drs all said they won’t treat it and why did I even bother in the first place. I’m out of my wits, as from what I read on the net itcan cause problems within her gut later on. Has anyone else dealt with a similar situation. 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you know why the doctors will not treat at this time?
    • Posted

From what she has told me was that’s it’s a common bacteria and 1 in every 2 people have it. However to me iv read so much negative stuff about it , that I don’t want my daughter to have any issues later on because of it, and if there is a chance to rid it then I would rather take that chance.
    • Posted

Apparently, we all have h pylori in our gut but if it stays in low levels, it doesn't cause problems.  The difficulty comes when the bacteria overgrows and that can cause symptoms.

• Posted

Hi maryjane19

Google...'Life Enhancement Mastic and Kids'....there is a herbal remedy called Mastic Gum'. that is recommended to eradicate HPylori.....read up on it first....

• Posted

Hi yes I have looked that up I’m actually going to buy some and also give her probiotics, would you know how to use the mastic gum, a few people have told me to get her to chew it then swollow and other people have just told me to get her to chew it and spit it out 
    • Posted

Hi maryjane19

You will have to read the instructions and directions for taking the mastic that come with it. Do as the directions tell you not what people tell you....

• Posted

Why was your daughter checked for h.pylori? Did she have abdominal issues? 
    • Posted

No no abdominal issues my niece had it so we thought will get my little one tested two and apparently the whole family has it expect my other three children 
    • Posted

oh no.. if there is no issues don't even bother to treat it now (same for you)... I would just add probiotics to her/your diet and try to stay away from sugar (sugary drinks, jelly, cake etc.) since the bacteria feeds from sugar.. 

• Posted

Oh okay I didn’t know it feeds off sugary stuff, not that she eats it but she’ll have the occasional ice cream here and there or something sweet. Iv already got her on probiotics I’ll continue that for the time being until I see a pediatrician. 
  • Posted

H pylori can sometimes be resistant to antibiotics. Maybe a different type or strength of medication is needed or  she needs to be on them forca longer period. Have you seen a gastroenterologist?  H pylori can lead to gastritis and ulcers if left untreated.  Does your daughter feel unwell with the h pylori?  She is very young to have this infection.
    • Posted

She hasn’t complained of any stomach issues, until the other day when she got food poisoned and she complained of upper stomach pains and she couldn’t burp, Thad what prompt me to just get her Pooh rechecked 
    • Posted

You could try honey, green tea or olive oil which may help to kill h pylori.
    • Posted

I’ll give them a go, at this stage I’ll try any natural remedy considering antibiotics didn’t work twice
    • Posted

Antibiotic resistance with h pylori is quite common unfortunately.  It can be a very difficult infection to clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.