H. Pylori infection recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

How long it takes to get back to normal life after h.pylori infection ? I'm in the 10th day of treatment taking 3 antibiotics and ppi. Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

And still feeling bad
  • Posted

Once the meds were done..I started feeling better.. disnt take long bit keep taking the probiotics
  • Posted

I tested positive for H-PYLORI. Took the 14 day treatment. Ate very healthy meals , as told. The pain in my upper middle abdomen persisted. Another endoscopy. H-Pylori was gone , but the doc said I have gastritis. He said the damage to my stomach lining shouldn't be causing this much constant pain though. Had a hida scan. Pancreas, gallbladder and everything normal. So , I had an arterialgram. Turned out fine. Had colonoscopy , fine.

Now , the doc says maybe it's anxiety. 24/7 PAIN. I use Gaviscon and still eat a very health low acid diet. But nothing is any better 10 months later. So , at this point , I Can't give advice on anuthing. Pretty much at a loss now. Everyone claims it shouldn't last this long. So , I guess my question is has anyone on here actually been cured of this ? It has definitely ruined my life. Been a long time now. In fact the neausia started 4 months before the diagnosis. At least the neausia is gone though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.