H pylori sufferer for a long time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I've found out I had a bacterial infection ( h. Pylori) almost 2 years ago and had many treatments and in the end I finally had a normal stool test after 6 weeks of my last course of antibiotics.

Recently,  I started feeling  a lot of reflux symptoms ( heartburn, chest pain , sore throat) so I decide to go to my gp. I found out I'm positive again ( for 6 months I felt fine well tryinges  to heal the gastritis) but didn't have any of those reflux symptoms. I just need to know if it's normal to have such bad sore throat due to acid and with the h pylori infection.  Last time I suffered I only had pain in stomach. Not such bad reflux symptoms. I'm going fir a endoscopy this Monday , because the doctor thinks it's same strain that didn't get totally eradicated even though  I had normal stool test! So now I'm having a antibiotic sensitivity test to increase the chance of killing this awful bacteria for good. I'm feeling really bad with this sore red throats from all  the acid . I hope it's just the infection that's causing this and nothing else. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Leni75

You sound as if you have LPR = Laryngeal Pharyngeal Reflux caused by acid coming up into the throat and voice box..The acid is caused by the HPylori bacteria.....perhaps your doc can give you something for your sore throat..on ocassion it happens that the HP is not completely eradicated..it hides and burrows in the duodenum and gut using its spiral tail thus escaping the antibiotics and starts to spread again.....it may not be an infectionml just a sore throat which i am sure your doc can give you some medication to soothe it..my best wishes to you to get rid of the bacteria completely...

• Posted

Thank you Lilian. I think after my gastroscopy on Monday, I'll ask him if I should take a ppi as I did before. I only hope it will go away because it's really worrying me and it's very uncomfortable . Gets worse  after I eat chocolate though. I'll try to be good and avoid 'bad foods' to see if it improves symptoms. Thanks for your wishes x

• Posted

Hi Leni75

Oh yes avoid all foods thst cause reflux such as chocolate spicey food and fried foods and junk..just eat plain foods chicken fish cooked in coconut oil and have biopot yogurts with cultures and probiotic tabs.....and water not citrus fruit......veggies not too much as can cause gas.....best wishes.....

• Posted

By now you would have had your endoscopy how did you get on and how are you feeling 
    • Posted

Hi I haven’t been in patient for a while as my other hip started hurting me too. I’m a mess. Yes I feel a lot better since my endo and I’m not taking anything not even PPIs. I drink a lot of green tea and try to stay away from any foods that could bring back bad symptoms. I’m waiting for the results from the culture and sensitivity tests ( it can take many weeks) as doctor said but hopefully they can grow and test against different antibiotics. A curious think the doctor wrote was that my urease test came back negative for h pylori! I’ve never done this test before and I don’t know how accurate could be. Is anyone had positive stool test but urease test negative?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.